User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How will the Fabregas debacle affect Wenger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    You know things are bad when optimists like Flavs sense doom.
    This

genuinely think he will be sacked before xmas.
    This, deffo his last season, i can even see him walking out in the next few weeks way things are going.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 15-08-2011 at 02:27 PM.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    I genuinely think he will be sacked before xmas. I think the board will use it as a show of power to whoever replaces him. We have paid the mortgage for the season now so we can wander on through the football as we gradually fade into obscurity.

Everything he does now will be ridiculed by the fans, it doesn’t matter who he buys (I mean if he went out and shocked us by buying someone world class i think he would be given grace byut he wouldn’t ever do that) I genuinely think its another season like the last ones, good players leave, worse players come in and are supplemented by kids and we suffer as a unit because of it.

The difference between this and the last 2 seasons is one Stan Kroenke. Now we have an owner rather than a group of dusty old farts in a room i think Wenger will be more answerable, there already seems to be conflict between Gazidis’ words and Wenger’s. I am usually one of Arsene’s staunchest supporters but even I have had enough of the bullshit and the endless nonsense he speaks. The tactics are poor, the squad is worse, the fitness is a joke and a lot of our players are making noises about leaving. The saddest thing is that the only one i would have been sad about going just left this morning
    That is about as likely as me getting it on with Natascha McElhone tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StamfordBrdige View Post
    That is about as likely as me getting it on with Natascha McElhone tonight.
    Who?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's over it already...
    Old GW:
    Total Cumulative Posts 4,487 ( 0.23% of total forum posts )
    Joined 23-August 06

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Wenger was younger, I reckon this would have been a blow, but a blow he could recover from. I think this is the start of the end with Wenger. He looks deflated, is subject to ridicule from within and outside the Club and now his legacy is unravelling before his eyes.

I want a change of Manager and have done for eleven months now, but I never wanted it to come to this, especially for a man who was the architect of some of the most breathtaking football we are ever likely to see in Club football.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    You know things are bad when optimists like Flavs sense doom.
    I have genuinely reached the end of my tether mate, not the Fabregas thing as that isn’t a surprise but after watching the Newcastle game you could just see we aren’t up for it as a team, the tactics are absolute shite, the bench was some kind of joke and the starting 11 wasnt good enough. I think all factors considered Wenger should have around £80mil to spend including the Nasri fee and Champs league qualification. Unless he spends most of that on 2 or 3 top class players i cant see him lasting. We keep selling and selling while replacing with youth and cheaps its never gonna work.

God help him if we don’t qualify for the champs league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    I genuinely think he will be sacked before xmas. I think the board will use it as a show of power to whoever replaces him. We have paid the mortgage for the season now so we can wander on through the football as we gradually fade into obscurity.

Everything he does now will be ridiculed by the fans, it doesn’t matter who he buys (I mean if he went out and shocked us by buying someone world class i think he would be given grace byut he wouldn’t ever do that) I genuinely think its another season like the last ones, good players leave, worse players come in and are supplemented by kids and we suffer as a unit because of it.

The difference between this and the last 2 seasons is one Stan Kroenke. Now we have an owner rather than a group of dusty old farts in a room i think Wenger will be more answerable, there already seems to be conflict between Gazidis’ words and Wenger’s. I am usually one of Arsene’s staunchest supporters but even I have had enough of the bullshit and the endless nonsense he speaks. The tactics are poor, the squad is worse, the fitness is a joke and a lot of our players are making noises about leaving. The saddest thing is that the only one i would have been sad about going just left this morning
    Yup - I think he'll walk rather than be sacked. But I'm with you. I'm done with Wenger.

Even before this Summer he looked as though he didn't have a plan, and was bemused by why his genius wasn't working. I think even that our play has deteriorated over the past couple of years, and a scintillating performance is very, vvery much the exception rather than the rule. This has had the smell of the end of an era for some time, and Wengers dithering in a truly horrible summer, together with the clear evidence that nothing's changed on the pitch suggests a man who has lost his way. Cesc's departure may have been the final straw.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no way will the club sack him mid season, no matter.

if he is to be pushed, it will be next summer at the earliest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    It wont affect him at all. He's be treading water for years.

I'm gonna love seeing his excuse for not spending the Cesc and Nasri money. I wonder what shite he'll come out with?
    We will only sign players that will improve the quality of the squad. We are after super quality players.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Who?
    You ought to be ashamed of yourself.