User Tag List

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Match Reaction v Udinese

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    If Nasri leaves, we can swap him for someone new, same with Cesc I think as far as this phase of CL registration is concerned.
    A.) We're not going to replace either of them.
    B.) New signings can't play in second leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chesney is going to have to be on top of his game in the second leg.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do a Man City and play Song and Frimpong together?

SongPong?

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    First of all, it's very nice to win. It's lifts the doom and gloom here, and at the Emirates at least temporarily.

In terms of football and the result itself, it's very worrying. Udinese showed us a thing or two when it comes to playing direct football with pace. It was like they were attacking us with 5xTheo Walcotts at times! This is probably what England felt like when Puskas and Co attacked them at Wembley in the '50s (although, thankfully, at least we still have the result to show for it)

The lack of pace in this side now is dreadful and, ironically, we sold the one player other than Walcott (who blows hot and cold himself) who can easily skin the opposition yesterday- namely, Eboue.
    Cheer up man, have no fear, Bendtner’s still here. Nah, you’re quite right. The one player who would’ve made a bit of difference going forwards last night would be Eboue, with his direct and mazy runs to help suck in the opposition whilst opening up space for others. It’s not so much a lack of pace imo, but more of a case whereby our midfield is severely lacking in ideas and a bit clueless upfront.

Ramsey’s performance last night (in conjunction with his pre-season matches and Newcastle game) has only help reinforce my view of him as Denilson mark II. Just one dimensional and always choosing the easy or cowardly option of sideways or backwards passing instead of constantly being on his toes trying to probe or carve defences open. No doubt the lad is still young and learning his trade, but to rely on him for some creative spark (when there’s no Jack) means we’re fucked big time imo. He does not possess the intelligence, vision, or finesse that Fabregas had at the same age and is still some ways away from being a reliable end product in the creative department imo.

Now going back to your point about Eboue, I was disappointed to see him pushed out the door first whilst slow useless donkeys like Squid at the back or the Dane upfront are still here. But then again, I suppose it’s more of an indication of demand for said players. Anyways my point is, Eboue is still a useful squad player in case of injury to Sagna and now with Clichy gone, Traore and Gibbs injured, you can see why.

I don’t think it’s a sane idea to deploy an inexperienced 19 year old kid as cover although he did do an admirable job last night albeit a bit nervy at times. I have been trying to observe this new lad Jenkees closely during our pre-season friendlies and frankly, he strikes me as a bit shit especially if we have to employ tactics whereby our LB/RBs provide some additional bite from the flanks offensively on occasion. I can’t be the only one who thinks his passing and composure on the ball leaves a lot to be desired. Whether it’s from our own half or the opposition end, the chap gets panicky a bit too easily and has the tendency to just launch, float or hoof aimlessly (in a hit and hope sort of way) and thus surrender possession pointlessly. The only upside I see is there is some grit and determination in this lad, but then again isn’t that what’s to be expected of your typical good honest English lads when there's relatively no guile involved?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good to see verm getting past his injuries and looking fairly solid.

god knows what is wrong with gibbs, the kid needs to be put down.

rosicky can play a bit part role in the middle this season but he's not the guy to do it every week anymore, imjuries have ruined him.

chamakh had no service and when he did he wasn't sharp enough at all

theo looked good, working back and doing what he could going forward. his comments to sky after about playing in the middle will be the reason he leaves more than anything else. if he doesn't get the chances through the middle, he'll leave next season to find somewhere he can.

ramsey will take some time to get back to the level he was showing before his injury but when does, we'll have a great end-to-end cm in our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Lehmann View Post
    Do a Man City and play Song and Frimpong together?

SongPong?
    I would.

We need stength in the middle and then pace on the wings to counter attack.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.