User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal's Debt Level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger doesn't want to spend, he loves bringing kids through and signing more kids...and with all his words about big spending and finances it's seems pretty clear he's doing it to prove a point.

We don't owe that much so it makes no sense to worry about that debt, it'll be paid off soon enough, we've paid it off far more quickly than expected.

It makes absolutely no sense to neglect the playing side at this stage as success on the pitch brings massive rewards internationally in a financial sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if our largest shareholder and owner does not want to pay off the debt, then the simple conclusion is that he wants the clubs profits to pay it off first, in order that he can then cream it when it's paid.

Simple logic.

It will of course mean that the pure profit with no debt senario will yield more funds for the playing staff.

The more I think about it, the more I think AW is, to a degree, sacrificing himself in all of this. Maybe I'm reading things wrong, but I think he's part of the plan to rid the club of the stadium debt.

People will laud the next manager when he eventually comes in....but I think the new manager will have it fucking easy compared to AW. And that says something to me.

Of course, that doesn't excuse Mr Wenger of the atrocious decisions he's made tactically and in the transfer market (and by that I mean not buying when we most needed it...not necessarily the players he's bought).
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    I'm starting to think this is the only explanation.
    Wenger's not suddenly this bumbling idiot and if people think that a new manager would come in and spend, spend, spend and everything would be rosy then I'd suggest they're sadly deluded.
    Entirely incorrect. The tendency for people to keep making excuses for AW is impressive albeit deluded. This is a man who has no qualms spending 12m on some kid from the lower leagues but refuses to pay slightly more for established players.

Once again i wish people would take the time and read the financials. It's really all there. Your stadium repayments are 25m(ish) a year and seeing as you were able to meet those repayments at highbury i'm pretty sure you have no problems meeting them in a stadium that brings in shitloads more money than highbury ever did.

If your club decides to repay the debt in record time at the expense of the team's on-pitch success then they are incredibly stupid. You aren't legally bound to repay the debt in 2years or some such crap. It was a long term repayment deal and while paying it off early might seem like a good idea, it's only a good idea if it's done in a balanced way.

Plus the irony of course that if you did get some fucking quality in, you'd win more stuff which = more money (from TV, UEFA, commercial stuff etc). I mean ManUtd have twice your debt and level of repayments and they seem able to repay their debt + invest in the team + win stuff. So it's bullshit that your debt is the reason you can't do a thing. If that was the case ManUtd would be fundamentally fucked.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StamfordBrdige View Post
    Entirely incorrect. The tendency for people to keep making excuses for AW is impressive albeit deluded. This is a man who has no qualms spending 12m on some kid from the lower leagues but refuses to pay slightly more for established players.

Once again i wish people would take the time and read the financials. It's really all there. Your stadium repayments are 25m(ish) a year and seeing as you were able to meet those repayments at highbury i'm pretty sure you have no problems meeting them in a stadium that brings in shitloads more money than highbury ever did.

If your club decides to repay the debt in record time at the expense of the team's on-pitch success then they are incredibly stupid. You aren't legally bound to repay the debt in 2years or some such crap. It was a long term repayment deal and while paying it off early might seem like a good idea, it's only a good idea if it's done in a balanced way.

Plus the irony of course that if you did get some fucking quality in, you'd win more stuff which = more money (from TV, UEFA, commercial stuff etc). I mean ManUtd have twice your debt and level of repayments and they seem able to repay their debt + invest in the team + win stuff. So it's bullshit that your debt is the reason you can't do a thing. If that was the case ManUtd would be fundamentally fucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StamfordBrdige View Post

Yep, fans still can't seem to bring themselves to realise that Wenger has created an almighty mess all by himself.

We just spent £15m on a League One 17yr old FFS. Gary Cahill's buyout clause is £17m. Yet it's still the board's fault.

Wake up!!

We're about to get £50m from Nasri and Cesc sales!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're saying the board have NO say in Wenger's transfer dealings or his budget for them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good post stamford, it actually makes me laugh when people say Wenger is not stupid but from the evidanc\e of the last few seasons he so clearly is. His record of mistakes on and off the pitch are becoming legend. The guy is deluded and so are his supporters. He is indefensible when you look at the facts. All we hear are poor excuses which only the stupid take any note of.

Another manager of any quality could put this right.

Wenger is a great coach but a terrible terrible manger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're saying the board have NO say in Wenger's transfer dealings or his budget for them?
    They would have told him Nasri is being sold, that's just common sense.
    They would never tell him who to buy and who to sell (other than Nasri)
    They give him a budget, sure. Wenger said two days ago he can spend £30m, £40m on a player but he can't find the quality.

Do you seriously think Wenger would say such a thing if he doesn't have money to spend? Seriously?

Of course not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People on here are biased by Wenger hate, so anything he does will be critisised. even if he does bring it on his self.

I love how they all think he has the bored wrapped around his finger, t hen think the boared will sack him too.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm saying it's up to AW to get the players in. If AW wanted to spend 70m on one player i'm sure the board would tell him to go fuck himself (and rightly so). Ashley young cost ManUtd 17m. For a bit more than you paid for some kid from league one you could have got ashley young (for example).

I'm pretty sure a board that sanctioned the purchase of some kid for would see the logic in paying a bit more for an established international PL experienced player. Unless you are suggesting otherwise.

You got rid of Clichy and are relying on Gibbs + some other random kid. Meanwhile enrique gets signed by Liverpool for 6m. You really telling me your club can't pay 6m for a LB.