User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Theo's central role

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Best in the position he's currently in as his runs and finishing are top notch, but his close control and strength are pretty poor.

Play him as we played Ljungberg, imo.
    We'd need Bergkamp for that, tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll stay on the wings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what needs to change. Our style of play allows him to temporary play where ever he wants across the front 3. Not good enough to play as lone striker as he doesn't have Hernandez of Owens aerial abitity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rvp drops off a fair bit from his lone striker role so if we were to revert to 442 then he would fill the bergkamp role with theo being the legend henry. arsh and gerv to be the equviliants of freddie and pires. So if that worked with pires hardly tracking back, which would be the same as arshavin now, whats to say it couldnt work again. if only things were this simple though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Killed_Kenny View Post
    rvp drops off a fair bit from his lone striker role so if we were to revert to 442 then he would fill the bergkamp role with theo being the legend henry. arsh and gerv to be the equviliants of freddie and pires. So if that worked with pires hardly tracking back, which would be the same as arshavin now, whats to say it couldnt work again. if only things were this simple though!
    Only downside to your logic, is simply that other teams have gotten better....and Cole was a better defender than Gibbs/ Clichy, who could hold his own when Pires was trotting.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fair dues to that. considering we have no LB worthy of playing for the club at the minute! no way would arsh play on the left though, cos of that reason. tbh i dont know what gervinho is like tracking back and grafting yet to hav an opinion of him.

i just feel in the 433 at the mo, we have been worked out by all. and now cant even beat the smaller teams!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Theo, and from what I've seen of Gervinho, are not afraid to work back.

I'd love to see Arshy through the middle in the Cesc role, with Ramsay/Wilshire and Song behind them. Theo one wing, Gervinho the other.

We are now rid of the main culprits for sideways passing and slow build up. Denilson, Cesc and Nasri.

Time to switch on the after burners and kick some asssssss!!
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    am with you on that if we stick to 433, posted a thread about the meerkat a week or so ago, regarding the cesc role. would be much better than rosicky there imo. is wenger not a member on this board? lol

and yes, fast pace once again, blitz opponents and being 3 nil up afer 20 mins! ah, those were the days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Killed_Kenny View Post
    and yes, fast pace once again, blitz opponents and being 3 nil up afer 20 mins! ah, those were the days
    Oh man, those were the good days.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see what Ramsey and Wilshere can do together......if Ramsey can get a run of games I think we may see the emergence of an unpolished gem, Wilshere to provide the directness and Ramsey the weighted passes.

I have started to worry a tadge about Song, as much as I hate Barton (yes, I did say that) I think his stamp was unneeded and put us in a worse position with regards to available personnel.

Walcott would be effective playing with RvP IMO opinion but I do also think Arshavin could be more damaging playing behind RvP......a lot depends on the formation - 2 up front then RvP/Walcott - 5 in the middle then what LDG said or could Ramsey play in Songs role? with Arshavin a little more forward or are we leaving ourselves too soft in the middle? - I do like Song but I would not be against a more mobile defensive CM TBH