User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The Wenger Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    There is no denying we were right near the pit of the table and the team spirit looked at an all time low. It was pitiful to watch. None of the players looker happy at all. RVP wasn't playing how he's playing now and looked out of it, Theo looked pissed off and frustrated every game, but look at the goal celebration from the pair yesterday and it shows the team spirit has totally flipped.

We are on a run now and Wenger was right, a few wins and we can start building a run of wins then we'd see the confidence return. After the Carling Cup defeat, we were in relegation form. Real pitiful. I hope those days are behind us. Credit to Wenger for getting their heads back in the game. The transfers made a difference. I don't think we've seen the best of our transfer new boys and RVP is still leading the show, but if we'd have gone into the season without the last minute buys, I think we'd still be in some serious trouble. New signings can lift a team and we should have done this a lot earlier. Our bench is much stronger and we finally have competition for places in certain areas. We've been crying out for that for years. A mix of youth and experience. We're not in the clear yet but I'd say Wenger might as well see out the rest of his contract. It's a new team and they need time to gel.

But...we have to tie up a new contract for RVP and Walcott. I don't want to see a repeat of the nonsense we saw over the summer. Or if it can't be avoided, we have to buy experienced players that can take over. I don't want to see the same mistakes being made.

One hope is we streghen in Jan tbh, like FY and Zimm say lets be ambitious and try and go for 3rd because the barcodes will slip in th next few weeks, spuds will too sooner or later and chavs are their for the taking.

For me a CL place and a trophy will be success for us this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4th place is not a cert this year, so for that reason I believe we'll strengthen in Jan.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    4th place is not a cert this year, so for that reason I believe we'll strengthen in Jan.
    In past years, that was the case but after reading what Wenger said, i doubt this will happen

What I said was that if I fell below the expectations of the club then I would consider my future.

"But that doesn't mean we have to finish top four. It is more about the players improving as a group and making progress.
    So his expectations isnt top four but to see players improving.

In other words, he'll keep faith with these failures and we're fucked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    In past years, that was the case but after reading what Wenger said, i doubt this will happen

So his expectations isnt top four but to see players improving.

In other words, he'll keep faith with these failures and we're fucked
    when did he ever say that, where is the link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    PnG - your post sums up my thoughts on the matter. I do however struggle to see how we can hold on to Van Persie without there being significant investment elsewhere in the team. I have no doubt that RvP will continue to produce the effort he has until the last kick of the ball for us, but he will shortly be signing what will be the last major contract of his career. If he remains injury free, he will be in incredible demand. With the potential to be richly rewarded - financially, but more importantly, the opportunity to win football's major prizes.

I reckon we can match the financial rewards offered by others - but that would be the limit of what we can do under the current climate unless there is a complete 180 in our transfer policy. I just hope that when/if he does move on - it is not to City, which I actually believe would be a bad move for him anyway.
    It will be interesting to see what clubs make a move for RVP. He'd be a fool to go to City. I can't see him making such a move. But, if Chelsea have any sense, they should throw in a bid. They need a striker like him because he can get assists as well as score goals. But I don't see him moving to another English club to be honest. I don't think Real or Barca will pursue him either. If they do, he'd be a squad player and RVP should be thinking about first team football at this stage of his career. He can't be battling out for a place in the squad and I can see that happening if he moves to Spain.

Italy and Germany are an option. Both leagues have fallen off the radar a bit, but I could see RVP at AC Milan for some reason. It's probably the Van Basten resemblance. Bayern could probably do with him ad well. But we will see who makes the most noise about him. So far there hasn't been any links.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's just it. I think there will be clubs interested but they won't be the best (Barca, Real Madrid) because of his age and I can't see him going anywhere else in England.

He'll stay.

It's happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    That's just it. I think there will be clubs interested but they won't be the best (Barca, Real Madrid) because of his age and I can't see him going anywhere else in England.

He'll stay.

It's happening.
    Lol. Good pics.

I hope he stays but a move to one of the big clubs might not be all that attractive to him anyway. I can't see them building a squad around him, he'd have to fit in to their system. But a move to Italy or Germany could actually be more attractive. Been thinking about this a little and I think stability and ambition are two main factors he's looking for in a club. How long does Wenger have left on his contract and will this club do what it takes to go for silverware this year and next? If a club comes in for him and shoes serious ambition and talks the talk, I can see him opting to one of the big clubs in Germany or Italy if we don't play our cards right.

A title in Germany or Italy is better than nothing at all here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Who are you?

What have you done with Fakeyank?

Welcome to GW!
    :Lol:

I have said this before.. nothing will make me happier than AW proving me wrong. At the moment we are playing good football and more importantly looking like a team that gives a fuck! Do i think AW is the right person for the job? No, i think we have better options than him.. we are still one injury away from being toothless up front.. imo we need to be playing a 442 to make the best use of our squad.

However there is a positive vibe around the club and I want it to continue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yep, we're a RVP injury away from our season ending.

I think adequate cover for RVP & a Goetze type signing is the bare minimum required in the January window.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CARLO ANCELOTTI will be a candidate to replace Arsene Wenger — if the Frenchman decides to quit the Gunners.

The former Chelsea boss has made it clear he wants another job in the Premier League and that it must be with a club which can challenge for honours.

He has been to the Emirates this season and his name is being mentioned as a possible replacement for Wenger.

No one at Arsenal wants Wenger to quit but he opened the debate about his future in an interview with French paper L'Equipe.

In the article Wenger, 62, indicated he would consider his position at the end of the season.

But he did insist over the weekend he would see out his current contract which runs until 2014.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...s-Arsenal.html

Ancelotti