User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Injunctions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old GW:
    Total Cumulative Posts 4,487 ( 0.23% of total forum posts )
    Joined 23-August 06

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea whatsoever. You go in a supermarket Sunday morning and see people picking up the NOTW and I have to fight every urge inside me just to tap them on the shoulder & say "you mind me asking why you're interested in that shite"?

I can just about see the merit in Andrew Marr being exposed, at a push. At least he makes a living out of criticising other people for errors of judgement. I don't think Fred Goodwin putting himself about would've had the effect on his jobs others say, but ok, that too.

But not some, flukey nobber who kicks a pigs bladder around a field. Who gives two shits?

The only thing I find fascinating is who is a celebrity. I remember someone told me who was in a celebrity Big Brother once. Of the 12, I only knew 4 and 1 of them was in there as the "surprise non celeb" - yet was on Sky Soccer AM which made her more famous than those who were meant to be.

Could they expose a League 2 player, would that be fair? a local councillor?

What about the hacks themselves - can they be exposed or does their shit not stink?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    BBC Sport have decided to give us a Giggs tribute http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13507115.stm
    Is it a tribute to all the women he's pumped?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex Ferguson has been caught on a microphone demanding to have a journalist banned from Manchester United for asking a question about Ryan Giggs.

Giggs - who missed the open training session at United Carrington training ground this morning - was named yesterday as the married Premier League player who took out an injunction over his relationship with 28-year-old reality TV star Imogen Thomas.

Today Red Devils boss Fergie was talking to the press ahead of the Champions League final this Saturday when United will take on Barcelona at Wembley.

Reporter Rob Harris from the Associated Press news agency asked: "The most experienced Champions League player in the team is obviously Ryan Giggs. How important is he for the team on Saturday?"
    Click here to find out more!

Ferguson responded sharply: "All the players are important, every one of them."

Just minutes later Ferguson was recorded telling the Manchester United press officer Karen Shotbolt to ban Harris for asking the question.

Here is a transcript of the conversation which was caught on a Sky News microphone:

Alex Ferguson: "The guy that asked the question about Giggsy... at the press conference".

Karen Shotbolt: "Which one?"

AF: "Him that asked the question... who?"

KS: "Oh yeah, I'll tell you later."

(A few minutes later) AF: "Is he coming on Friday?"

KS: "The guy with the laptop?"

AF: "Aye. Then we'll get him. Ban him on Friday."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...#ixzz1NHk9Y9VF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-13530027

Cars belonging to journalists and photographers camped outside the home of Manchester United footballer Ryan Giggs have been vandalised.

A group of masked men pulled up in a Transit van on the street in Worsley, Salford, and attacked six vehicles.

Reporters said tyres were slashed and cars were kicked and covered in flour and eggs.

Greater Manchester Police were called to the scene earlier and said inquiries were continuing.
    "Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference."

Cheer up. Join the Mindless Optimism Clique™ today! GW's Premier Clique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vpgref View Post
    [url]http8//www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk5england,manchester-13532027[/urm]

[IOG]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52939000/jpg/_50939061_niggstrouble_mather.jpg[/IMG]
    Good imo these jotrnalists are pauhetic. Time they reported on things that matter not some celebrities personal l

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter's new European boss has suggested that users who break privacy injunctions by posting on the site could face the UK courts.
    Tony Wang said people who did "bad things" needed to defend themselves.
    He warned that the site would hand over user information to the authorities where they were "legally required".
    Lawyers are challenging Twitter in court to reveal the identities of Twitter users who violated a super-injunction.
    MP John Hemming named Manchester United footballer Ryan Giggs in Parliament on Monday as the footballer who had used a super-injunction to hide an alleged affair, after Mr Giggs' name had been widely aired on Twitter.
    Responding to a question from BBC News at the e-G8 forum in Paris, Mr Wang said: "Platforms have a responsibility, not to defend that user but to protect that user's right to defend him or herself".
    He declined to comment on the case directly but explained that in general, when dealing with cases of illegal activity, Twitter would comply with local laws to turn over user details.
    He stressed that the site would also notify those individuals of any such request.
    Little sympathy Mr Wang made it clear that if the matter came to court, those people would be on their own.
    He said Twitter would, "let them exercise their own legal rights under their own jurisdiction, whether that is a motion to quash the order or to oppose it or do a number of other things to defend themselves."
    The subject of legal jurisdictions and the internet has been hotly debated at the first e-G8 summit.
    Technology industry leaders including Google's Eric Schmidt and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg were among the speakers at the event.
    While many attendees felt that there was a need for further discussion, among delegates from the United States, there was little sympathy for the British legal position.
    "I do view it to being similar to the Chinese situation where they also cover up misdeeds of high ranking people," Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales told the BBC.
    He said that, although the internet was a global phenomenon, it was unlikely to pander to those countries with stricter rules.
    "The US is going to be absolutely inflexible on this point. It is in the constitution," he said, referring to freedom of speech provisions.
    "I think that puts intergovernmental communication and co-operation on this issue into a different light, which is, there's not a whole lot to co-operate on."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13546847
    Free speech

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Good imo these journalists are pathetic. Time they reported on things that matter not some celebrities personal life.
    That's not the point, it shows a dangerous third-world attitude to the freedom of the press, beating up and threatening reporters? really? is that what you'd like to see? that way madness lies.