User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you still want Wenger as Arsenal manager?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 37.25%
  • No

32 62.75%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you still want Wenger as Arsenal manager?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14606268.stm

bring back graham

might have the same effect kenny had on liverpool

plus our problems are basic defensive and footballing mistakes across the pitch. something graham nailed when he was in charge.
    if a thief is the best we could muster, then no thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    No, I'm not going to watch those twats on Sunday Supplement licking their lips in anticipation at what's to come and then jump onside with them. I might hate what's going on at Arsenal (and I do) but when compared to how much I hate the mainstream media and the runts that run around it calling themselves journalists I'll take the pain. Summer's over, we fucked up as a club and we'll pay a price for that. It's Wenger's fault but not his fault alone. I can't stand the sight of a pack converging on one victim. Whether it be those courageous thugs on the street who hunt in numbers or rotten to the core mainstream whores who hide behind the notion of being mere observers relaying the "news". I won't stand with cowards against a man of principle, even when that man is wrong, which I believe he is. He's wrong but he's not a filthy journalist at least. Besides, we're into the season now, we have a huge game coming up midweek, last thing we need is to commit suicide by kicking out the manager. So there's a practicality to go with the principle. We go with what we've got and we make the best of it. Yesterday there were signs the players are prepared to fight even though we are short of numbers and we fight against the odds. Fuck it, if the players can throw their weight behind Wenger one more time then I figure so can we as fans. We have some Italians to shoot down on Wednesday so let's go and do that.
    I kinda of agree, yesterday, and more so on Wednesday, there was a sense of the players we had left, really giving it everything. I rate AW more as a coach than anyone else here, he can drill a team to defend as well as he can to attack, he gets the best from players who else where would fail to shine now matter how many trophies they win and he builds a relationship with players stronger than I've seen anywhere else barring United.

HOWEVER.

I am completely baffled by this summer, I'm not naive enough to believe it's all Wengers fault but Christ, if he can't do what clearly needed to be done or explain why he can't/hasn't, when not just journo's, but ex-players, managers, and fans know what the problems are, then I can't accept having him as our manager even though I believe only 3-4 in the world are better and probably 1 would be suitable running our club.

Not that he runs the club in isolation and I would want first and foremost for those running the club to explain it'self to the fans. Two billionaire owners, premium tickets, economy class squad?? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING AT?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something is going badly wrong at the club right now.
    It's naive to think that is ALL down to Wenger and that if we replace him everything will be rosy again.
    That said things like the defensive frailty and mental weakness are down to him and there are managers who would sort that out.
    I'm conflicted.

We'll lose to Utd next week and people on here will wet their pants again but I was somewhat heartened by yesterday's performance if not result. The players out there showed heart and we won't be playing sides as good as Liverpool every week. If they keep playing like that we'll do OK this season.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first year in 25 years that theres no dein or fizzman on the board, which may be part of the problem. seems like the current board have no clue on what to do/how to negotiate anything.

also while fergies had different people help him by his side over the years such as mclaren, querioz or kidd, we've only had pat rice there. we need fresh ideas and a helping hand, someone to take the pressure off wenger. pat rice seems like a yes man who happily bums wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    if a thief is the best we could muster, then no thanks
    GG was a great servant to this Club. As a player and as a Manager.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pat Rice was and is a Greg servant to the Club.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    GG was a great servant to this Club. As a player and as a Manager.
    look i loved gg and his teams as that was not too long after i became a fan but lost complete respect after what he was caught for. of course loads of managers were at it but the point is he was one of them and got caught. that was when our club was a laughing stock.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Define OK, OK we probably won't be relegated, but won't finish in the top four if we look at fixtures like United and Liverpool as unwinnable.

Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    Something is going badly wrong at the club right now.
    It's naive to think that is ALL down to Wenger and that if we replace him everything will be rosy again.
    That said things like the defensive frailty and mental weakness are down to him and there are managers who would sort that out.
    I'm conflicted.

We'll lose to Utd next week and people on here will wet their pants again but I was somewhat heartened by yesterday's performance if not result. The players out there showed heart and we won't be playing sides as good as Liverpool every week. If they keep playing like that we'll do OK this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do still want him, because he is a good manager. I really believe he is no fucking retard, and knows our problems. I believe the board is to blame, it must be. The media know the problems, we know the problems, the players have mentioned it. He is surely not so mental that he cant see it.

Just need to buy in some experience into the squad. We cant rely on kids and mongs like diaby and squalichi, it just cant be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was talking to my boss, an Ipswich fan, so he has been through some managers. He reckons once the majority of fans turn against the manager, its almost imposible to win them back. Only winning cups/leagues really turns them around. For this reason im pretty worried about this whole situation.