User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you still want Wenger as Arsenal manager?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 37.25%
  • No

32 62.75%
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Do you still want Wenger as Arsenal manager?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    No, make no mistake. I'm not saying he's the only man that can fix this. If I thought there was a possibility of a top manager coming in to replace him on short notice then I'd be all for giving Wenger the boot tomorrow morning.

I'm saying, Wenger should have to sit through this campaign and suffer the consequences if he's prepared to walk this path. The prospect of being sacked is nothing, watching everyone turn on him and call him out for being a sham of a manager is much worse. It's the walk of shame and if he keeps going on like this he's going to really ruin his reputation and I'd have no sympathy for him. This is pure fucking arrogance. Even with a weakened team, he refused to play a defensive game and went and tried to attack United. He refused to adapt to the situation and it's why he's being left behind. The train wreck we just saw, the poor decision making, bad judgement, lack of vision...etc is why I blame him for the summer fiasco and our ludicrous policies. It all links up. He doesn't want to change and soon the board will have to force a confrontation because 4th spot is under threat. Money is on the line.
    Nah i agree PnG, today he should have gone defensive, he set his team to get spanked, its as it he knew he would loose and thought feck it might as well loose in style.

The reason why i say he should fix this mess is, id rather he tries to get us back to where we were, so that a new manager does not need to do a major rebuild.

He has 3 days imo to try and salvage something if he don't then the sooner they sack him and the board the better.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 28-08-2011 at 10:35 PM.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    19 complete morons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has until Wednesday. We can't fuck about now. Letting it ride out until the end of the season is too damaging. He doesn't have the capacity to turn this around. This rot didn't start yesterday. We were a shambles last season and it just got worse. He's still showing total defiance in the face of the media and fans, he knew exactly what was required of him last season and he's done nothing except make it worse.

He can't be allowed to continue. We'll be left in serious bad shape if he sees out this season. Fan attendance will drop, players like RVP, Theo and Verm won't renew their contracts and he'd have badly damaged the fitness and mental health of many of our young players. He's crocked Wilshere because he's played him in too many games and then tries to rush him back from injury for the CL tie, which results in another few weeks out injured. The confidence of players like Jenkinson, Coquelin and Oxlade took a pummelling and if they have to keep playing under such conditions, he'll sap away their confidence. Our defence must feel like shit this morning, they learnt fuck all in preseason and it shows.

How far down the abyss will he take us until he's moved on? This is damaging stuff stuff guys. He's not the man for the job anymore. I hope Stan steps in and sorts the situation out quickly. Wenger said the new owner shouldn't interfere with the day to day running of the club. That is why I think Stan has stayed out of it so far. But if this continues he has to step in and give him his marching orders. Someone has to throw the towel in to stop this guy from going on. It's far too painful. It's like watching an old and past it Muhammad Ali taking a complete beating in the ring at the hands of a prime Larry Holmes, but coming out after the fight insisting he'a still the 'greatest' and has the skill to continue on. One fight too many done him serious damage, you start to look past the deluded old fool thinking he's still got it and start to wonder about the characters around the washed up, battered champ. Who has the balls to tell him the show is over?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    He has until Wednesday. We can't fuck about now. Letting it ride out until the end of the season is too damaging. He doesn't have the capacity to turn this around. This rot didn't start yesterday. We were a shambles last season and it just got worse. He's still showing total defiance in the face of the media and fans, he knew exactly what was required of him last season and he's done nothing except make it worse.

He can't be allowed to continue. We'll be left in serious bad shape if he sees out this season. Fan attendance will drop, players like RVP, Theo and Verm won't renew their contracts and he'd have badly damaged the fitness and mental health of many of our young players. He's crocked Wilshere because he's played him in too many games and then tries to rush him back from injury for the CL tie, which results in another few weeks out injured. The confidence of players like Jenkinson, Coquelin and Oxlade took a pummelling and if they have to keep playing under such conditions, he'll sap away their confidence. Our defence must feel like shit this morning, they learnt fuck all in preseason and it shows.

How far down the abyss will he take us until he's moved on? This is damaging stuff stuff guys. He's not the man for the job anymore. I hope Stan steps in and sorts the situation out quickly. Wenger said the new owner shouldn't interfere with the day to day running of the club. That is why I think Stan has stayed out of it so far. But if this continues he has to step in and give him his marching orders. Someone has to throw the towel in to stop this guy from going on. It's far too painful. It's like watching an old and past it Muhammad Ali taking a complete beating in the ring at the hands of a prime Larry Holmes, but coming out after the fight insisting he'a still the 'greatest' and has the skill to continue on. One fight too many done him serious damage, you start to look past the deluded old fool thinking he's still got it and start to wonder about the characters around the washed up, battered champ. Who has the balls to tell him the show is over?

Totally agree.

I think he has to go now, too much damage has been done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, he should walk. He's served his "time", if you will (the licence to do what he likes for a certain amount of time given his trophy return and moving us into a new stadium)

However, if there is NO-ONE questioning his results, if there is NO accountability, then the fans should protest. Wenger Out, no more 'In Wenger We Trust', empty the seats at the Emirates. His PHW and co where it hurts. Show them we're serious. The results are shit, so someone stand up to take the flak. Wenger and the board are so obsessed with this Champions League culture, to being a part of this exclusive G14, that they're probably still head over heels about our result in Italy on Wednesday. They're oblivious to when it really counts, the day-to-day, weekly instalment of the Premiership.

Even if we bring in Martin O Neill FFS, it'll bring a new fervour, a new interest in all things Arsenal. At the minute, we're stuck in a rut. There are teams worse off than us, but I can guarantee you that there have not been any set of fans any more embarrassed than us over events on the field during the last calendar year.
    Formerly TMOKJ