User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger not a great motivator - Tony Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wenger not a great motivator - Tony Adams

"One of the gifts Arsčne has got is that he's a lovely human being and I respect him a great deal. But I've got to get it real: coaching isn't his strong point. I love him dearly, he's a fantastic psychologist but he's not a great motivator. I'd just laugh at his attempts to gee us up – but I come from a different place, time and culture."
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...=ILCNETTXT3487

Came across this quote in one of the papers today.

This is why Wenger needs to buy experienced players. If he can't motivate players, we're going to be in serious trouble this season because we're starting off in bad shape. It's why we collapse so often and can't hold a lead. If he doesn't buy experienced players before the deadline, this has to be his last season. I just can't see him motivating this players and it's probably why so many leave. Nice chap, but that's a serious character flaw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always been clear Wenger can't motivate, even after some embarrassing defeats the team never seemed to come out with all guns blazing in consequent matches.

The lack of urgency and desire comes down to him to be honest, he doesn't sign players who are leaders and cannot be the leader to them...he just thinks you can turn up pass the ball a few hundred times and win, football is also about heart, desire, battling qualities and leadership.

All was good when he had generals on the pitch because they did the job for him, but for some odd reason he suddenly decided leaders were no longer necessary and since then things have not worked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is the reason some wanted Joey(Deacon)Barton to join. It is certainly not for a footballing reason but the fact he will motivate and drag other weaker players along or give them a bollocking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the most important part of that is the last line 'come from a different place, time and culture'.

says it all about how the two cultures related to each other in certain aspects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's certainly not a strength of his, I think he believes in self-motivation which seems to work with bigger and 'harder' characters but not with some of the shite we've had recently, looks like a lot of the new guys have that kind of grit, wait and see, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    the most important part of that is the last line 'come from a different place, time and culture'.

says it all about how the two cultures related to each other in certain aspects.
    Doesn't really say it all does it though?

I mean Ferguson motivates his troops and look at their success, motivation is key to success and Wenger has an inability to motivate players which is a big flaw, since we don't have players to do the job for him it's even more problematic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donkey can fuck off.

Great captain, shit manager.

Stick to Azerbajanajanaj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He certainly managed to motivate them tonight (or else they finally stopped listening to him). One or the other.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    Donkey can fuck off.

Great captain, shit manager.

Stick to Azerbajanajanaj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged