User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    Theres been a lot of "Ohhh, if only we had stayed at highbury." bollocks going around, as if we would have somehow been in a better position at a smaller station (we wouldn't be) or that the board lied to us about how the stadium would garrentee trophies or something (no one could have predicted billionaries pissing away hundreds of millions on clubs, without which happening us and united would be stupidly far ahead of the rest of the pack financially, and thus on the pitch.)
    The anger is about: 1) Charging the highest ticket prices and not making clear what is happening to all the money that is being gained from transfer profits from selling established first-team members. We are not seeing a return on the pitch....if we haven't got the money, fine, but we need to know where it is going. 2) Wenger not recognising (or at least, not fixing) the most basic and obvious problems - losing key players through injuries every year; conceding the same type of goals and basically losing track at the business end of the season when the going gets tough. I don't care much about transfers or even winning at the moment - the thing I most don't like about what Wenger has done is he has allowed a culture at the club where there only zombies who are using the club as career progression. The only player I can currently identify with and can call a gooner is Wilshere. Playing for Arsenal and wearing the Arsenal shirt doesn't mean as much as it used to. I'm not suggesting that it is not the case at other clubs (particularly clubs who no longer have any old guards at the club), but with the philosophical stance that Wenger has always taken about club spirit and respect, there is absolutely none visible right now. I am very disappointed that Wenger hasn't done more to combat that.

And about the other point - Not everyone could do better than Wenger, but a lot of managers wouldn't have allowed players to piss all over them and maintained the identity and link to the fans. Dalgleish and Liverpool seems to be a good example right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dalgleish has been aloud to completely rebuild his side over a season spending more than wenger has on players over the last 14 years. Ticket prices? Players treating all but the richest clubs with distain? High wages? Most of your gripes can be said of almost every other club in the league.

If he fails to strengthen the club this season I doubt even I can defend him, but a lot of his faults are just so pathetically overblown.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay another Wenger thread.They have been missed