User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is a new manager becoming the only option?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    I dunno - I am starting to see the situation as much more simple. The players look like they need someone whom they can believe in/play for because Wenger is not inspiring them - they aren't as bad as this display today.
    Yeah I think you can tell that the players no longer really believe in Wenger and his methods. The fact that players like Cesc and Nasri were so keen on leaving is surely another indication of how much the players have begun to doubt Wenger's philosophy. The players deserve blame, most definitely, but unless you have a manager in whom the players believe in 100%, you're not going anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hoping today was one hell of a freak result. Wenger looked lost just sitting there chewing his jacket collar. There was no one to turn to on the bench which in itself is HIS fault. If he had done some business over the last few months instead of coming out with the "super quality" nonsnese we may have had a bite of extra bite on the bench. Oh well, as far as I'm concerned we should just move on. Wenger aint going anywhere in the near future, I hope he has a couple of rabbits in the hat to pull out else I can see this being his last season in the dugout for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Yeah I think you can tell that the players no longer really believe in Wenger and his methods. The fact that players like Cesc and Nasri were so keen on leaving is surely another indication of how much the players have begun to doubt Wenger and his methods. The players deserve blame, most definitely, but unless you have a manager in whom the players believe in 100%, you're not going anywhere.
    Its almost as though he is bringing the worst out of them. That's what is concerning me most.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno - I am starting to see the situation as much more simple. The players look like they need someone whom they can believe in/play for because Wenger is not inspiring them - they aren't as bad as this display today.
    It would be stupid to bring in a new man right now wait till the end of the season at least. The players love Wenger they always do to them he is not the problem the board is.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    It would be stupid to bring in a new man right now wait till the end of the season at least. The players love Wenger they always do to them he is not the problem the board is.
    Here we go again, 'its the boards fault'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/n...back-on-track/

Before today the worst First Division defeat in Arsenal history was Leicester in 1963.

That was 7-2.

Manchester United 8 Arsenal 2 is a shaming result.

Over to you, Stan Kroenke.

You have a caretaker manager at your club

Wenger, Rice and Primorac must go.

The medical staff must go too.

Steve Bould has all the badges and knows which players will not let Arsenal down.

It's time to reverse the Colney Creche culture.

What better moment can there ever be?

A historic meltdown result, an 8-2 thrashing, followed by a two-week international break.

Most managers are replaced during international breaks.

It's obvious.

Three games , three red cards.

This cannot go on.

JUST DO IT !

Arsene FC has to be finished, kaput, over, dead & buried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serious thread. I admit the question posed is a reaction to what we saw today, but by far the most worrying thing about this defeat is the attitude we saw from the team. We know that the Arsenal of recent times lacks resiliance - but several of our players seemed not even to care that they were being humiliated. Since this can't really have been the case - then what we saw must have been the result of a massive lack of confidence, which I suspect extends to the manager and his methods.

If Wenger couldn't rally them last season WITH an exceptional player as captain, if he has been at the helm a few times now when we have pissed away the season without a fight, is the only thing that will get these players' mojo back a new manager - because I'm struggling to think of another option?
    The culture at the club from top to bottom is completely rotten IMHO, the culture of the team is just shameful, did anybody catch Henri Lansbury coming on yesterday grinning? At the time we were 7-2 down I think, shameful and it pretty much typies Arsene's current squad.

Look I accept that there maybe a number of factors outside of Arsene's control that are contributing to our demise, but let's be clear here, the board are in no way responsible for picking the team and deploying tactics. Can anyone believe we went to Old Trafford with that team and played with a gung ho kamikazee approach? It beggars belief. Can anybody believe how awful our defending was? In the 2nd half it was so disjointed we had on numerous occassions two defenders trying to play offside and the other two staying deep, it was comical.

Team needs coaching, organisation and major surgery, Arsene has dug himself so deep into it that whoever comes in is going to have a helluva a job putting things right.

In short, the Board needs re-organising, the Manager & his coaching staff ALL need to go and we need to rebuild the squad. Call it Knee Jerk if you like but I'm calling it as I see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Save me Jeebus! View Post

It's no excuse. Stan has only been here for 5 minutes and people are desperate to pin 6 barren years on him. We know we have money to spend buy he chooses not to spend it. Also, I don't care how bad the squad is, you don't go in at half time 3 goals down and then ship in a further 5 after the break. That is poor management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly.

I was just reading Le groves twitter posts yesterday and it seems some on there were trying to blame the board but he was having none of it. He said, the money is there, the board want it to be spent but wenger is not playing ball.

This is down to wenger, plain and simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Save me Jeebus! View Post

Do you read my post, read it again i never said its was the boards thought, i said to the players it is, they seem to love AW but never praise the board when they leave the club.