User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is a new manager becoming the only option?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is a new manager becoming the only option?

Serious thread. I admit the question posed is a reaction to what we saw today, but by far the most worrying thing about this defeat is the attitude we saw from the team. We know that the Arsenal of recent times lacks resiliance - but several of our players seemed not even to care that they were being humiliated. Since this can't really have been the case - then what we saw must have been the result of a massive lack of confidence, which I suspect extends to the manager and his methods.

If Wenger couldn't rally them last season WITH an exceptional player as captain, if he has been at the helm a few times now when we have pissed away the season without a fight, is the only thing that will get these players' mojo back a new manager - because I'm struggling to think of another option?
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A whole new management team is what is needed. Pat Rice as no 2 is a joke. Even when given the task of looking after the team against Udinese, he was looking to the gods for direction. I just can't see who would come in and turn it around though..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New manager and board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appear so, he doesn't change anything and always has an excuse where in reality there are none.

He was reeling them out today after a game we'd conceded 8 goals in (hasn't happened since the 1800's that's how bad this was), saying we had players out, we changed our tactics and got punished for being adventurous and we were tired from Wednesday.

I'm sick of his excuses and of him, he clearly doesn't have the answers and there's no option but to replace him IMO, he's not the man for the job anymore, this defeat further proves that.

He said it was only 3 games into the season but when you're a top side and you concede 8 against a rival there's is no happy enough, moreover has he forgotten the tail end of last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Gooner View Post
    A whole new management team is what is needed. Pat Rice as no 2 is a joke. Even when given the task of looking after the team against Udinese, he was looking to the gods for direction. I just can't see who would come in and turn it around though..
    Aye - giving up so much damn power to a person whose own ego it now seems is more important than the club's fortunes has created a potential nightmare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we definitely need a new manager, but that won't be enough on it's own IMO. The board are also part of the problem, and if they aren't replaced, then I think we won't see much change tbh. Sure, the new manager may stand up to the board, and refuse to cooperate with them but without supportive owners who actually care about football and the supporters, the status quo will remain and we'll continue to stagnate as a club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will take years to put right the Wenger experiment.

A new manager will need a lot of time. Maybe this is what Wenger has put in place to keep his 6 million a year salary secured.

The board have to look at the now not the past and sack this absolute idiot now before it's too late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    Aye - giving up so much damn power to a person whose own ego it now seems is more important than the club's fortunes has created a potential nightmare.
    Tony Adams should be a must as a defensive coach. There is no point having so much attacking talenet when our defense is utter dross. Or fuck the lot of them out and let a new man bring in his own backroom staff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, a complete rebuild required from top to bottom, nothing is right at the moment and it's a big job to change things and won't happen quickly.

The sooner we start the sooner things will be put right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Yes, we definitely need a new manager, but that won't be enough on it's own IMO. The board are also part of the problem, and if they aren't replaced, then I think we won't see much change tbh. Sure, the new manager may stand up to the board, and refuse to cooperate with them but without supportive owners who actually care about football and the supporters, the status quo will remain and we'll continue to stagnate as a club.
    I dunno - I am starting to see the situation as much more simple. The players look like they need someone whom they can believe in/play for because Wenger is not inspiring them - they aren't as bad as this display today.