User Tag List

Thread: Arsenal sign Andre Santos

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal sign Andre Santos

Arsenal Football Club can confirm the signing of Brazilian defender Andre Santos on a long-term contract.

The 28-year-old international joins the Gunners from Super Lig champions Fenerbahce, for whom he has played since 2009. Santos supplanted Roberto Carlos as the team’s first-choice left-back in his first season in Turkey and went on to make 52 league appearances, scoring 10 times.

Sao Paulo born Santos’ career also includes a campaign with Brazilian giants Corinthians and a three-year spell with Figueirense, from where he took in loans with Flamengo and Atletico Miniero.

He received his first senior cap for Brazil in the 2009 Confederations Cup, helping them to victory in the tournament, and has so far represented his country on 22 occasions.

Arsčne Wenger said: “Santos is a quality player, with the ability to both defend well and get forward and help with attacks. He has experience in the Champions League and for Brazil and has proven he can deliver at the highest level. We welcome Santos to the Club and look forward to him having a big impact for us.”

Upon completing his move, Santos said: "I am delighted to have signed for Arsenal. It was one of my dreams to play for a major European football club and I have accomplished this. I am very happy to be part of this team. All the Brazilians who came to this club spoke wonders about it and I am delighted to be part of the Arsenal family."

Andre Santos will wear the No 11 at Arsenal and will have A.Santos on the back of his shirt.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...arsenal-player
    Formerly rockyrocky... the other one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who?

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly

Formerly rockyrocky... the other one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of him but we did need a LB with Traore looking like a championship level player and Gibbs being a perma-crock. I'm looking forward to watching him play, hopefully he knows how to cross.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks fairly angry in the above photo.

Sign him up for GHEL training.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's going to be a bombscare defensively IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know anything about this guy to be honest, from the youtube clips looks to have some nice skills as expected from a Brazilian.

Hopefully he's a decent defender, but he can't be worse than Clichy so hopefully a good signing...fairly happy with this signing...Silvinho was very good after all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    He's going to be a bombscare defensively IMO.
    Bit hard to kknow though, even though you said in your opininon. But i agree he will be a test but rahter him then gibbs tbh.