User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window Reaction & Season Predictions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironing View Post
    Er, if you're gonna include salaries, factor in the players that LEFT too...
    Plus the £35mill we supposedly had to start with. Essentially they've kept the Cesc/ Na$ri cash.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger may have left it late and MAYBE he could of got the marquee expensive signing but I'm happy with the signings that we made. We got rid of shit and we got in solid players. We may have lost talent through cesc and nasri but we got in EXPERIENCE which is key.

People compared our squad to Man U at some point man for man few years ago and people would say we have more talent than them and the media would critisise us for not having winners/experience but we have now got in experience, we probably couldn't of made the direct cesc replacement but we now have a squad which is acceptable.

Much to look forward too
    Formerly Known As Gunner_fan_4_life - GF4L

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal.com reaction....

404 Not Found
    The following error occurred: [code=CONTENT_NOT_PRESENT] Content is temporarily not present. Contact your system administrator.
    Could not open error file

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Got some solid players which will hopefully provide the experience and resiliance that we need. Let see how the next couple of months go.
    Pretty much. This week's business has turned the transfer window from an unmitigated disaster into one which might not be so bad after all. Lots of players to fit in to the squad and it's far from certain how we'll do this season but this week's given me some hope. Let's see where we are at Christmas, by then we'll have some idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the other hand, if Utd hadn't stuffed us it's very possible the suits were going to wing it with no new players coming in. So it could have been a lot worse.

One plus, it will be nice to have a bit of experience on the pitch and hopefully (if Wenger leaves them alone) players who won't bend over at the first hint of pressure. You never know, some of these new signings might encourage the existing squad to man the fuck up and stop being bitch playthings.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Arsenal.com reaction....

Same reaction as the second half on Sunday, 404 Not Found.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also we replaced a lot of yoof with experience and leaders

And signed a player over 6ft

Well done Arsene, maybe he finally gets it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not great. We needed significant improvement on last season, we are now weaker.

Mertesacker is the only signing I'm pleased with, Arteta's okay no idea about Santos.

Thing is while Mertesacker is a good signing we needed more then one competent centre half.

As I said Arteta is okay but not a good enough replacement for Cesc/Nasri but I guess we're a mid table team now we have to look at mid table players.

As for Benayoun well thats a complete joke.

Almunia's still around like a shit that won't flush but at least we finally got rid of Bendtner.

The squad is still very week imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality would've been nice. I don't think we've done too well (overall) with the signings. Happy about Mertesacker and at least Arteta should be able to hit the ground running. I'm sure Benayoun was brought in simply to prevent Rosicky from getting into the team.

When most teams change half their starting line-up, you'd be worried about the team not gelling/lack of understanding/lack of team spirit etc. We're starting from 0 so we can't actually do any worse. I think the one potential positive is the sheer number of changes; 4/5 new, experienced players (albeit not 'super quality') will have to force a change in the style of play. If it was just one new player (as we have seen in recent seasons), they'd get sucked into playing the way the team currently is. What we have right now is Mertesacker, Arteta, Park, Santos, Gervinho, Benayoun being given a free reign. It could either go very well if they're up for the challenge or very badly if they're just here to enjoy London. Wouldn't want to call it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is while Mertesacker is a good signing we needed more then one competent centre half.
    That's what will come back to haunt us. And if this Korean doesn't work out we're fucked up front too. We're still weak in key areas.
    Für eure Sicherheit