User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you make of the last few days?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Will be interesting to read Wenger's autobiography when he retires.

I'd LOVE to know what's going on in the club right now and maybe one day he'll tell us all. Will be interesting reading.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    We made a £12mill profit this summer.
    Is that all?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toothless gibbon View Post
    Is that all?!?
    We've made more than that I'm sure. Wages off the books compared to wages coming on, there must be a tidy profit there too.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We've made more than that I'm sure. Wages off the books compared to wages coming on, there must be a tidy profit there too.
    Yeah - must be as we sold 80-90 million and only bought about 30?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Save me Jeebus! View Post
    Also, as much as I dont like bendtner, I am now hoping that this loan deal pays off for him at sunderland and he becomes a better player.

If he can start to walk the walk then I would gladly welcome him back to arsenal next season.

If not then he can fuck off permanently.
    Agreed. Now if we look at Bent the other year who went to Sunderland and started scoring loads, being their main striker. If Bendtner can do the Bent thing, get some confidence and practice at doing the striker thing - i.e. putting the bloody ball in the bloody net - then he might be a better player for us after the loan period. I think in front of goal he has been his own worst enemy, snatching at shots as he seems over-anxious. It seems like the confidence factor that the 'great' strikers overcome - it is self-fullfilling in that if you think you are going to score because you usually do, you shoot better and therefore score... etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Will be interesting to read Wenger's autobiography when he retires.
    It will be filled with spirit and togetherness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that Sunday saw the death of something. . . apart the the gang bang that was inflicted on us on the pitch. . .
    Wengers body language showed it all, he knew what he had after all the departures/needless suspensions wasn't enough as was his ideology
    his reaction was swiftish. . .I think there were a few heart in mouths last night but overall he did OK.
    Now we need to see how we play, woth Cesc and Nas we won games, scored goals but let them on too. . .we also lacked mental strength in the down the stretch and failed to be able to close games.
    We may not have replaced the individual talent of the Cesc/Nas duo but we have gone some ways to becoming a team with I hope a stronger mental strength and maybe a pacier more direct style of play.

I for one will be getting behing Wenger and the team and hope to see us put the start behind us, would love to see Bould in the fold, maybe helping out with defense
    can see us going back in the market in Jan. . .Obi anyone?
    and hope both loans work out, Nics and Yossi. . . .he could very well be the surprise of the bunch or . . . Lets wait and see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's got a week to win a trophy. If not, Wenger out.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just think if he had acted sooner the Emirates and Lesbo-n cups could have been ours!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Agreed. Now if we look at Bent the other year who went to Sunderland and started scoring loads, being their main striker. If Bendtner can do the Bent thing, get some confidence and practice at doing the striker thing - i.e. putting the bloody ball in the bloody net - then he might be a better player for us after the loan period. I think in front of goal he has been his own worst enemy, snatching at shots as he seems over-anxious. It seems like the confidence factor that the 'great' strikers overcome - it is self-fullfilling in that if you think you are going to score because you usually do, you shoot better and therefore score... etc.
    I rate Bendy very highly and I think along with another striker beside him, he will be scoring 15+ every season. I can see him having a very good season with Sunderland... sad part is that no matter how good he does, when he comes back to Arsenal, he will be played on the right or left of the front three.. I am hoping AW has changed everything about him and that includes his stubborness to stick with 4-3-3 and not switch to 4-4-2 or a more flexible option