User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you make of the last few days?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you make of the last few days?

So whats GW's opinion about AW since the defeat by AW?

Did he actually have money from the board and not spend?

Did the board restrict him from spending?

Other factors?

My personal opinion is that the 8-2 defeat is THE single best thing to have happened to AFC in the last 6 seasons. AW was blinkered by his youth policy and win by it. I do not for one second think the board was restricting him rather the man himself creating this mess. The 8-2 defeat just showed him how weak his policy was and how much football has changed.
    I hope for the sake of every fan that Arsene has turned the corner and got himself back to the Arsene of 96-2004. It was painful seeing him taint his legacy one season at a time. I personally think we shouldve signed better players and signed them way earlier into the season but for once, I am going to cut Arsene slack and see how he does..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We made a £12mill profit this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vinger is building a team for the current. Signing 5 players over 25/26 years old, national captains, club captains, is a clear sign that he is looking for a quick impact. But I also think, overall, we should have done better in the window. It was good panic-buying but we shouldn't have been in this position.

Anyway, wenger hasn't done anything to make me think he is the right man in charge just yet. If the experienced players are able to take control and build a resilient team with a different style of play, then I will think differently.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    So whats GW's opinion about AW since the defeat by AW?

Did he actually have money from the board and not spend?

Did the board restrict him from spending?

Other factors?

My personal opinion is that the 8-2 defeat is THE single best thing to have happened to AFC in the last 6 seasons. AW was blinkered by his youth policy and win by it. I do not for one second think the board was restricting him rather the man himself creating this mess. The 8-2 defeat just showed him how weak his policy was and how much football has changed.
    I hope for the sake of every fan that Arsene has turned the corner and got himself back to the Arsene of 96-2004. It was painful seeing him taint his legacy one season at a time. I personally think we shouldve signed better players and signed them way earlier into the season but for once, I am going to cut Arsene slack and see how he does..

I would agree with that tbh.

Lets face it, no one could have predicted that we would have 5 new players in the squad on top of the ones we had already signed, and all over the age of 25 with plenty of experience!

Very un-wenger like tbf.

Hopefully we should also see a different playing style with more direct attacking and............wait for it.............

Actual shooting at goal!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Vinger is building a team for the current. Signing 5 players over 25/26 years old, national captains, club captains, is a clear sign that he is looking for a quick impact. But I also think, overall, we should have done better in the window. It was good panic-buying but we shouldn't have been in this position.

Anyway, wenger hasn't done anything to make me think he is the right man in charge just yet. If the experienced players are able to take control and build a resilient team with a different style of play, then I will think differently.
    Again I agree.

There is still work to be done on wengers part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also signs of a small change that he bought 5 players where none are French speaking. Losing a few of the French boys (nasri, clichy) as well. Might be good to break up that French core and start again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No more of that pooftah french talk

Also, as much as I dont like bendtner, I am now hoping that this loan deal pays off for him at sunderland and he becomes a better player.

If he can start to walk the walk then I would gladly welcome him back to arsenal next season.

If not then he can fuck off permanently.
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 01-09-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what to make of Sunday's result. Was it Wenger sending a message to the board that we aren't strong enough by a distance and we HAVE to get some players in (if the board were the sticking point)? Or was it the thing that made HIM realise that (although I struggle to believe that he couldn't see what everyone on here, all the journalists and every Gooner in the sodding world could see).

Tbh it doesn't really matter. If it's the thing which spurred us into action then great. We should have had this all sorted out in June but better late than never. We've got an international CB, a LB I don't know much about but seems highly rated, two established PL midfielders and that Korean fella who, being cynical, is probably here to sell shirts in that region but is a decent player by all accounts. We've strengthened in all the areas we needed to (maybe not in comparison to last season, given we've lost Nasri and Cesc, but relative to the shambles on Sunday) and that can only be a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been emotional

Project youth is finally over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be interesting to read Wenger's autobiography when he retires.

The King Is Back.