User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RVP should pay in the Bergkamp role and not as a striker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVP is a better goal scorer than Bergkamp.

Bergkamp was far more creative and inventive. But then, very few players are as intelligent as Bergkamp on the pitch. RVP is still one of the most creative strikers in the League.

As others have said, RVP's only drawback is his fitness. He doesn't need to be moved.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...our-goal-salvo

Robin van Persie 'may ask to play free role at Arsenal' after four-goal salvo
    Robin van Persie has hinted he would like a free role for Arsenal, after his four-goal salvo in the Netherlands' 11-0 win over San Marino on Friday.

The 28-year-old is usually employed as the main striker for the Gunners, but Oranje boss Bert van Marwijk asked him to do something different in the Euro 2012 qualifier.

He played behind lone frontman Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and responded by finding the target four times in the rout.

Van Persie later revealed he had enjoyed playing in a new position.

He told OnsOranje: 'This game I had a free role. That was fun.

'But at Arsenal I play as the striker, that's what I do every day.'

However, he also admitted he did not know whether Van Marwijk would continue with the experiment for Tuesday's game against Finland.
    'It's the coach's decision. We must judge it match by match,' Van Persie added.

Another Arsenal man to enjoy international duty was new boy Park Chu-Young, who scored a hat-trick for South Korea in a 6-0 victory over Lebanon.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He probably would have scored 4 goals playing in goal against San Marino. Shouldn't think too much of that. Good confidence boost but that's it. Tells us nothing about if he can play that "free role" role

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought he'd be quite good playing free role, if we could actually buy a real striker. I still think Theo should play ahead of RVP, get Hazard in Jan so it would look something like:

Hazard Arteta Song Gerv

Theo
    RVP
    Formerly Known As Gunner_fan_4_life - GF4L

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerFan4Life View Post
    I always thought he'd be quite good playing free role, if we could actually buy a real striker. I still think Theo should play ahead of RVP, get Hazard in Jan so it would look something like:Hazard Arteta Song GervTheoRVP
    So you think RVP should play behind Theo and yet have him ahead of Theo in the team you shown?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    So you think RVP should play behind Theo and yet have him ahead of Theo in the team you shown?
    Ah yes, typo there:

Haz Art Song Gerv
    RVP
    Theo

But issue is Wilshere could be back by january so selection issues....
    Formerly Known As Gunner_fan_4_life - GF4L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerrrrr View Post
    His talent is wasted in the "striker" role of a "433"...

Thoughts?
    i agree. plus 4-3-3 (ie 4-5-1) was us bending our team out of shape to give cesc the extra protection he wanted in the centre.

It was fucking shit, and the sooner we get back to 4-4-1-1 with:
    -a defence worthy of the name
    -flying wingers, one of which knows to track back.
    -a strike partnership
    -two powerful midfielders..

we can gt back to the formula that used to win us trophies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't really add much more, we need to use 4-4-2 against some teams and stick with 4-3-3 against others but sadly I don't think we'll see that, with a different set of player skill sets we might play 4-3-3 a little differently which would have a similar effect though, that's what I'm hoping for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can still play a 4-3-3 with RVP playing the false 9 but he has to put Walcott on the left and Gervinho on the right, plus get two of the three central miss must have fluid three roles as well. It can't just be one player and that is where we went wrong with Cesc. We need more movement from the centre and the three front men for it to work.

With RVP dropping deep it is supposed to create space in front of him for players to exploit but you rarely see it happen. We're too rigid for a 4-3-3 at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Think we should start going with a more traditional 4-4-2 look, or something approaching what we had in 2007/2008. We've tried the 3 in central midfield: 1) for fear of getting steamrollered through the middle, and 2) to get the best out of Cesc.

Stick Song and Wilshere in the middle and tell them to man the fuck up and take responsbility. Walcott and Arteta outwide seem like the type who'll do the Hlebisky tracking back and be half-useful going forward. We're left with Van Persie and a scramble for the second striker spot between Park, Gervinho and Arshavin.

I also think the system would be more robust in dealing with injuries/suspensions.

You know it makes sense.

And back on topic: Van Persie has been scoring and scoring very well; I don't see how his talents are wasted? His biggest problem has been injuries. If he can get through 30+ league games ( ) in a season, he's close to a 25 goal striker.