User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RVP should pay in the Bergkamp role and not as a striker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RVP should pay in the Bergkamp role and not as a striker

His talent is wasted in the "striker" role of a "433"...

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can do both roles, just like say, Rooney. He can drop back and playmake, putting balls in for Walcott/Gervinho etc., or as he's shown he can get in the box and finish off chances. I think the formation is flexible enough for him to alternate when necessary, as long has he gets appropriate support from the other attacking players and is not isolated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon away games should be something like:

-------Chez---------

Sag Mert Verm Santos

Oxo Arteta Song Gerv
    --------RVP----------

-------Theo---------

Since Arshy is lazy I can't think of another natural winger who'l go up and down for protection tactically and organisation so Oxo(when he's ready) and Gerv on the wings to provide defence cover when we don't have the ball but when Wilshere gets back then he must be considered a starter
    Formerly Known As Gunner_fan_4_life - GF4L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerFan4Life View Post
    I reckon away games should be something like:

-------Chez---------

Sag Mert Verm Santos

Oxo Arteta Song Gerv
    --------RVP----------

-------Theo---------

Since Arshy is lazy I can't think of another natural winger who'l go up and down for protection tactically and organisation so Oxo(when he's ready) and Gerv on the wings to provide defence cover when we don't have the ball but when Wilshere gets back then he must be considered a starter
    You could maybe include Young or Benayoun as wide right midfielder, or put Walcott there and Young at FW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsychubbs View Post
    He can do both roles, just like say, Rooney. He can drop back and playmake, putting balls in for Walcott/Gervinho etc., or as he's shown he can get in the box and finish off chances. I think the formation is flexible enough for him to alternate when necessary, as long has he gets appropriate support from the other attacking players and is not isolated.
    bingo. hes in exactly the right position. just need to make sure walcott and gerv are well up in support/running beyond.

he never impresssed me in the bergkamp role tbh, he doesnt have his skill-set. more van basten than bergkamp. this is his only good position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think we should start going with a more traditional 4-4-2 look, or something approaching what we had in 2007/2008. We've tried the 3 in central midfield: 1) for fear of getting steamrollered through the middle, and 2) to get the best out of Cesc.

Stick Song and Wilshere in the middle and tell them to man the fuck up and take responsbility. Walcott and Arteta outwide seem like the type who'll do the Hlebisky tracking back and be half-useful going forward. We're left with Van Persie and a scramble for the second striker spot between Park, Gervinho and Arshavin.

I also think the system would be more robust in dealing with injuries/suspensions.

You know it makes sense.

And back on topic: Van Persie has been scoring and scoring very well; I don't see how his talents are wasted? His biggest problem has been injuries. If he can get through 30+ league games ( ) in a season, he's close to a 25 goal striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Think we should start going with a more traditional 4-4-2 look, or something approaching what we had in 2007/2008. We've tried the 3 in central midfield: 1) for fear of getting steamrollered through the middle, and 2) to get the best out of Cesc.

Stick Song and Wilshere in the middle and tell them to man the fuck up and take responsbility. Walcott and Arteta outwide seem like the type who'll do the Hlebisky tracking back and be half-useful going forward. We're left with Van Persie and a scramble for the second striker spot between Park, Gervinho and Arshavin.

I also think the system would be more robust in dealing with injuries/suspensions.

You know it makes sense.

And back on topic: Van Persie has been scoring and scoring very well; I don't see how his talents are wasted? His biggest problem has been injuries. If he can get through 30+ league games ( ) in a season, he's close to a 25 goal striker.
    Agreed - and for him, RVP's injury situation has been good for 8 months.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He already does, he's a 'false' #9. Like Messi does for Barca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVP is more suited to the Bergkamp role IMO, however he's also our only goalscorer up front and thus we have no choice but to use him like this.

Had we signed a goalscorer it might have been different, but Wenger simply refuses to.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play Theo with RVP

It'll be like Henry and Bergkamp just not as good