User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chamakhs Form

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerrrrr View Post
    i was at the Spuds game which we lost 3-2...this plumb was through on goal one and one with the keeper, however he decided as a striker that he needed another option and did a 180 turn and ended up getting tackled and losing the ball.

no other stiker would have done that even in Sunday league, the guy rarely shoots the ball and is ALWAYS looking for the easy pass option...

We have recently has RVP, Adebayor, Henry, Wright etc as our main strikers and none of them, even RVP would pass up an opportunity to score, whereas this clown would more often than not....

however all is not lost, if he hit the weight room, became stronger, faster and changed his mentality to being more aggressive and goal hungry he would be quite the player....but at Arsenal we know there is no chance that Wenger and his outdated crew will ever attempt to change him.
    I'm not saying that his form hasn't been shit but when he joined his achievement in standing in for RVP as a striker new to the league was considerable, and he must have the ability there somewhere. There isn't a single striker in the league who hasn't missed a sitter or had a period out of form. Rooney? Dzeko? Anelka? Carroll and Torres , Eduardo, hell even RVP! His loss of form coincided with being dropped, rather than encouraged in a period that ended in last season's disaster. There are precious few Arsenal players who distinguished themselves after Feb this year.

What worries me more is AW's failure to stop the rot - I think the player is guilty of nothing more than losing confidence. I hope that our new signings give him heart because I think Chamakh cares, and I think that deep down inside he can do it if handled properly.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    I'm not saying that his form hasn't been shit but when he joined his achievement in standing in for RVP as a striker new to the league was considerable, and he must have the ability there somewhere. There isn't a single striker in the league who hasn't missed a sitter or had a period out of form. Rooney? Dzeko? Anelka? Carroll and Torres , Eduardo, hell even RVP! His loss of form coincided with being dropped, rather than encouraged in a period that ended in last season's disaster. There are precious few Arsenal players who distinguished themselves after Feb this year.

What worries me more is AW's failure to stop the rot - I think the player is guilty of nothing more than losing confidence. I hope that our new signings give him heart because I think Chamakh cares, and I think that deep down inside he can do it if handled properly.
    All that is good but where are you going to play him? In our 4-3-3, if RVP is down the middle, Chakma is shit as the 'striker' on the wings. This shit 4-3-3 system is not suitable for us.. AW has ruined the careers of other strikers as well because of this- Eduardo, Bendy, Vela. Think of the times these players played down the middle.. more often than not, they did good. We need to change to a 4-4-2 to get more bodies in the box and also play better football!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we had a four man midfield then someone will be demote to the bench.

Either its:

Theo Arteta Song Gerv
    Cham RVP

or

Theo Wilshire Song Gerv
    Cham RVP

These 2 in the middle are our only best options and Song is probably a must have in the middle for defensive duties.
    Formerly Known As Gunner_fan_4_life - GF4L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he needs a run in the side

Hopefully it wont be in our side cause he's shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    All that is good but where are you going to play him? In our 4-3-3, if RVP is down the middle, Chakma is shit as the 'striker' on the wings. This shit 4-3-3 system is not suitable for us.. AW has ruined the careers of other strikers as well because of this- Eduardo, Bendy, Vela. Think of the times these players played down the middle.. more often than not, they did good. We need to change to a 4-4-2 to get more bodies in the box and also play better football!
    Great observation. If you look at Manure; Barca etc - they can mix it up, and do so in Manure's case to get the best out of their players. AW's obsession with trying to get players to play outside their comfort zone means that 70% of the time he simply stifles them.

Chamakh clearly feels most comfortable with an out and out striker in front of him - I'd agree that our 4-3-3 is damaging certain players (and I'd include Walcott here). I think also that Wenger's tactical shortcoming as a manager is being too rigidly wedded to a system rather than to the relative strengths and weaknesses of his players. If he could only be as 'brave' in trying to mix it up as he is in backing his players to make the chosen system work it might be a revelation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a bit shit tbh. Hopefully he comes good and proves everyone wrong but I doubt he will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    He's a bit shit tbh. Hopefully he comes good and proves everyone wrong but I doubt he will.
    Is now. Wasn't pre Xmas last year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His loss of form was before he got dropped. It's not so much his form, it's a problem with his instincts and eye for goal. Even when he was scoring goals for us there were plenty of examples of him passing up opportunities to shoot when he was clean through on goal. I'm pretty sure I saw him do the same thing during pre season. After seeing that and his style of play, I've never been a fan. He's not brave enough.

As for playing a two man striker combo...it's a good idea and maybe he'd play better but He won't get into the first team if we play with two strikers either way. He'd still be on the bench and I'd much rather give guys like Theo and Arshavin a chance up front before Cham gets a chance. Arshavin in that free role or Theo playing off the shoulder would benefit the team more. He's going to have to find his form off the bench if he wants first team football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is now. Wasn't pre Xmas last year...
    Indeed, his much fabled form last year. If we can see that again, great.

He's obviously not played as much since because of RVP but despite what anyone says, he has played matches and had sufficient game time to make more of an impact. 1 goal against Leyton Orient is all he has to show since November last year, so he still has it all to prove.

I hate his style of play and even when he was scoring I did note that he was nowhere near as ruthless as he could be.

As I said, hopefully he turns it around, I don't believe he will but there you go.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play 2 up top and he'll be fine.

The 4-3-3 is killing him and us tbh