User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Have the fans now officially turned against Wenger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsychubbs View Post
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...er-gotze-quiet

AW being as tactically astute as ever. So basically no gameplan in how to organise our defense all over the pitch to cope with him, and by extension their other dangerous players, as long as we attack-attack-attack we should outscore our opponents. Just like we did at Old Trafford. Just like we did at the Nou Camp.

Le Professeur - Master Tactician.
    “He links well with his strikers and is the player we have to keep quiet. The best way to keep him quiet is for us to attack.”

He literally is taking the piss out of Arsenal fans!

AFC Fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    “He links well with his strikers and is the player we have to keep quiet. The best way to keep him quiet is for us to attack.”

He literally is taking the piss out of Arsenal fans!

AFC Fans
    FY
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsychubbs View Post
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...er-gotze-quiet

AW being as tactically astute as ever. So basically no gameplan in how to organise our defense all over the pitch to cope with him, and by extension their other dangerous players, as long as we attack-attack-attack we should outscore our opponents. Just like we did at Old Trafford. Just like we did at the Nou Camp.

Le Professeur - Master Tactician.

That is classic. As I was reading that, I was thinking we've judged Wenger all wrong, he does give his players instructions to watch certain players and sets up the team accordingly...but then you see that last sentence.

What's the difference between his philosophy for this game and the one we just played against Swansea?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsène Wenger admits he made an exception to his transfer policy by signing Per Mertesacker.

The German defender, who stands at 6ft 6ins tall, joined Arsenal from Werder Bremen on transfer deadline day to reinforce the manager’s defensive options. Wenger concedes he wouldn’t normally buy a player of the 26-year-old’s physique but believes he adds different qualities to his backline.

Mertesacker impressed on his Arsenal debut against Swansea at the weekend and is expected to continue alongside Laurent Koscielny for Tuesday’s trip to Borussia Dortmund.

“Usually, I look at the quality of the player and not at his size,” he said. “Because we play a more technical game, I choose smaller players.

“But he is a calming presence, he has over 70 caps with Germany so he has experience and people forget he is only 26 years old.

“He must get used to the pace of the game. It is an issue because he was surprised by that but overall he has qualities we need in our team.

“He reads well the game, has good communication with the other players and he knows how important it is to communicate. That will play a big part in our season.”
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...or-mertesacker

Yeah thats worked well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post

That is classic. As I was reading that, I was thinking we've judged Wenger all wrong, he does give his players instructions to watch certain players and sets up the team accordingly...but then you see that last sentence.

What's the difference between his philosophy for this game and the one we just played against Swansea?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerrrrr View Post
    I am referring to the majority, has Wenger now lost the fans.

6 years without trophies
    2 of our very best footballer sold
    Boring football - yes you know its shocking
    Playing players in wrong positions - Thus alienating the fans and the players
    Not spending on quality footballers
    Losing 8-2 to our once rivals
    Team/Squad worst under Wenger
    Highest ticket prices in the land

List could go on
    when the stadium is less the half full then the fans have officially turned against the manager.

ffs the chelsea fans booed a victory in the first couple of weeks, so reactions to results are more indicative of the world at large than actual football at the moment.