Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transfers

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ants arsenal View Post
    as you can see, not a bad transfer window considering we balanced the books almost exactly.
    Yeah, who cares about the fact that our first 11 is considerably weaker than it was last season, we balanced the books. Woo.

I'd have been furious if we had significantly improved the squad and ended up with a net loss. I'm also delighted by the fact that I have to pay more for my season ticket this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Charlie View Post
    Yeah, who cares about the fact that our first 11 is considerably weaker than it was last season, we balanced the books. Woo.

I'd have been furious if we had significantly improved the squad and ended up with a net loss. I'm also delighted by the fact that I have to pay more for my season ticket this year.
    A true fan.

Love PHW xxx
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The problem is this club is more interested in balancing the books than trying to achieve success on the pitch.
    Unfortunately a malady shared by a lot of so-called Arsenal fans.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 12-09-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The bean counters may think so, but footballistically it's been a dreadful transfer window. We're considerably weaker in terms of quality than when the window opened.
    Yes, but considerably stronger in terms of experience and committed players, along with players who actually have a better spread of talents, things we were noticeably lacking last year; I think we should have spent more and we should have done it considerably earlier but 'dreadful' doesn't even come close to how it ended.