User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What has happened to our football?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    i dont think even with 14 players we would flow...

QAs i keep saying we should be playing 3-5-2 we have the personal and the skill set to do it perfectly however we have a manager who is more stuck in 2004 than Simon Cowell's wardrobe
    Fashion jokes don't work too well on GW. :TEGS:
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Fashion jokes don't work too well on GW. :TEGS:
    Espesh coming from the cap and shell suit wearing Falvs
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    Just change the freaking formation and we will see results!

SCfrrfguw

Sagna Per Verm/Kos Santos

Chu/Arshavin/Benayoun Song Arteta Gervinho

RVP

Walcott

I think this formation will kill teams! I am not sure about the right hand side.. we could have Theo there or Arshavin and Young up front.. we have countless options in that formation. And yea, no Ramsey!
    We'll have the same sort of problems if he keeps playing people out of position. Strikers and central mid players on the flanks won't help us and it's why we've failed in the past with the 4-4-2. Remember the days when he used to play Denilson, Diaby, Flamini and Eboue on the wings? He's even played Cesc there. When you look at that, you know there is a problem with Wenger's thinking. A change in formation won't help if he thinks he can pull off such moves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Espesh coming from the cap and shell suit wearing Falvs
    It is not a cap, it's a rabbi hat.
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's happened to our football?

Nothing, it's been sh*t and boring me for years. Sure it's awful right now, but then whenever Cesc didn't play in the past it was pretty much the same.

That's the thing about one man teams, if you take out that "one man" then they tend to struggle.

Whilst we have the likes of RVP the team was pretty much run by Cesc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    We'll have the same sort of problems if he keeps playing people out of position. Strikers and central mid players on the flanks won't help us and it's why we've failed in the past with the 4-4-2. Remember the days when he used to play Denilson, Diaby, Flamini and Eboue on the wings? He's even played Cesc there. When you look at that, you know there is a problem with Wenger's thinking. A change in formation won't help if he thinks he can pull off such moves.
    Exactly, Wenger thinks his players are completely adaptable, and are able to recreate a Netherlands style "total football" with players interchanging positions at will. The reality is that our players are not good enough to switch positions at ease and perform at the same level. This is not necessarily a slight on the players, because finding players who are equally good in different positions is very rare anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Exactly, Wenger thinks his players are completely adaptable, and are able to recreate a Netherlands style "total football" with players interchanging positions at will. The reality is that our players are not good enough to switch positions at ease and perform at the same level. This is not necessarily a slight on the players, because finding players who are equally good in different positions is very rare anyway.
    Too true. If I had one wish regarding our team, it wouldn't be new signings - simply, as a fan, being given the opportunity to see players in their best positions.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wish we could do a manager swap/exchange thingy just for a few games so we could see what another manager could do with this rabble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wish we could do a manager swap/exchange thingy just for a few games so we could see what another manager could do with this rabble.
    Funny - I sometimes imagine that too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS - It would be a great commercial idea, wouldn;t it - all those disaffected football fans out there get to se what life is really like for a bit...