Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When Saturday comes!!

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Saturday comes!!

Dont know about any of you Guy's, but I no longer look forward to Saturday with the anticipation of the footy!

It is becoming a bit depressing and almost a dread watching or awaiting the results!

In the good old days with Henry, Bergkamp, Ljunburg and the rest of the invincibles, we would be thinking about how many we would win by!

Now, I am thinking that a draw at Blackburn would be a good result.

I have supported Arsenal since 1972, and believe me, I have watched some rubbish! But the enjoyment is being drained from me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you considered suicide?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Football isnt as enjoyable as it once was. Not just Arsenal but overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashburton2006 View Post
    Dont know about any of you Guy's, but I no longer look forward to Saturday with the anticipation of the footy!

It is becoming a bit depressing and almost a dread watching or awaiting the results!

In the good old days with Henry, Bergkamp, Ljunburg and the rest of the invincibles, we would be thinking about how many we would win by!

Now, I am thinking that a draw at Blackburn would be a good result.

I have supported Arsenal since 1972, and believe me, I have watched some rubbish! But the enjoyment is being drained from me!

Completely agree with you my friend..

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Have you considered suicide?
    Yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our football has become extremely boring and predictable these days. When I watch our games there's no longer that excitement and anticipation, just a weary resignation that it's going to a struggle for 90 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel more and more detached from the club.

Its been about money for the I dont know how long but it also used to be for pride of wearing the shirt for players.

Sadly them days are gone in most cases. I dont think its only 1 thing but I blame the money the lack of English players and the tv. Its all become a load of bollox to be honest.

The days I spent on the North Bank in my youth are but a distant memory now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that football in general has deteriorated in terms of excitement - and we have become more detached from our club. For me - the missing feeling on Saturdays these days is the lack of the excitement that comes from being possible winners. I keep finding myself keeping and eye out for Manure/Chelsea/Citeh results and then remembering they don't realistically matter any more...

Add to this the tension that comes from watching us play, and our declining ability to play attractive football, and yes, it certainly feels different now to 5 years ago...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    I agree that football in general has deteriorated in terms of excitement - and we have become more detached from our club. For me - the missing feeling on Saturdays these days is the lack of the excitement that comes from being possible winners. I keep finding myself keeping and eye out for Manure/Chelsea/Citeh results and then remembering they don't realistically matter any more...

Add to this the tension that comes from watching us play, and our declining ability to play attractive football, and yes, it certainly feels different now to 5 years ago...
    This.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God you guys are dour. . . .just said to the missus that Im looming forward to Saturdays game. . .want to see the newbies with the guys who decided ti put us in a hole gainst Newcastle. . . .

there again when the alternative is to experience another grade 7 earthquake. . .the footie wins