User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger Out?...Seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    i think he will resign now, and its time to. really sad to see him go but its right for him and us BUT he is the greatest manager this club has ever had, he took us to the top, the very top, he successfully took us to the emirates, kept us going on nothing, he transformed english football. yes he has fucked up now and needs to go but i will remember him as the greatest manager we have ever had. you should too
    You know its bad when posters like Ollie and Maccy call for Wengers head tbh.

But i agree he has to go wheather its not or the end of the season. He should walk with some dignity left in him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His legacy will be forever known for this imo. Hes totally ruined it and through no one elses fault but his own.

The Invincibles, the 2 double winning teams will be remembered if you think hard enough but the first thought people will have when thinking of Wenger 50 years from now will be this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    You know its bad when posters like Ollie and Maccy call for Wengers head tbh.

But i agree he has to go wheather its not or the end of the season. He should walk with some dignity left in him.
    im not calling for his head as such ie i want him out at all times, i just feel he will go and i think its time. though if he stays, i will always support him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This season has been an accident waiting to happen,a blind man could see the direction things were going in,as long as Wenger remains in charge nothing will change,he is a one trick pony and has been found out,football has moved on and the mans failings have been there for all to see,this is not knee jerk but its time for supporters to make themselves heard.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing that shocked me today was the fact that he hardly moved. Pat Rice came out into the technical area a few times but Wenger sat still, seemingly unpeturbed at the alarming collapse that was unfurling before his eyes. Can you see Fergie, Moyes, Dalglish and to a lesser extent Villas-Boas doing likewise? Not a chance.

The problem it appears to me is that he's lost his mojo. He's become so bitter and stubborn in his own ways that he can't see any way out of it, rather than to just continue in the vain hope the results will sort themselves out. That's not good enough. Hope. We need action and quickly, otherwise, we're not going to be worried about being x points behind Manchester, we're gonna worry about how many points we're off the bottom half of the league. That's not tongue in cheek, not pessimism. It's realistic. The squad is starting to improve, Song and Ramsey and Gervinho were the bright points today, but the leadership and direction afforded to them by the manager is disgraceful. No other club would stand for this - we shouldn't either.

So, who to bring in? True.... a manager of extreme quality would a) be difficult to attract and b) be unavailable. There's not many around. I'd back a tactician such as O'Neill. He'd do an excellent job. Somebody like a Klinsmann who manages with a lot of verve and desire could work. (Not necessarily Jurgen, simply an example of the type of coach we need)

Whatever the case, we need a change. A Blackburn supporting mate of mine asked me to describe Arsenal's predicament in one sentence. I gave him one word. 'Stale' They look bored and play with little urgency. And it needs sorting before it's too late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh shut up, yes he has fucked up recently but if you remember him for this and then you are retarded. he took us to the very top, made this club great. yes he made us crap recently but come end of season we will still be up there maybe not top four but top 6 at least. he made this club great, and in years to come you will understand that and appreciate what he did for us
    we get relegated under him only one way he will be remembered especially by young gooners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For years many fans have seen the direction the club was heading in, but they've been told to keep it shut by the likes of PHW and Wenger.

No hiding place now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh shut up, yes he has fucked up recently but if you remember him for this and then you are retarded. he took us to the very top, made this club great. yes he made us crap recently but come end of season we will still be up there maybe not top four but top 6 at least. he made this club great, and in years to come you will understand that and appreciate what he did for us
    He'll forever be seen as a bit of a flawed genius in my view. He did exactly the same trick at Monaco: scaled the heights, then nearly took the club down. It's an unforgiveable failure of governance that the board is allowing him to do the same at our club.

Basically, Wenger's not the messiah, he's just a very stubborn boy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner6smith View Post
    The thing that shocked me today was the fact that he hardly moved. Pat Rice came out into the technical area a few times but Wenger sat still, seemingly unpeturbed at the alarming collapse that was unfurling before his eyes. Can you see Fergie, Moyes, Dalglish and to a lesser extent Villas-Boas doing likewise? Not a chance.

The problem it appears to me is that he's lost his mojo. He's become so bitter and stubborn in his own ways that he can't see any way out of it, rather than to just continue in the vain hope the results will sort themselves out. That's not good enough. Hope. We need action and quickly, otherwise, we're not going to be worried about being x points behind Manchester, we're gonna worry about how many points we're off the bottom half of the league. That's not tongue in cheek, not pessimism. It's realistic. The squad is starting to improve, Song and Ramsey and Gervinho were the bright points today, but the leadership and direction afforded to them by the manager is disgraceful. No other club would stand for this - we shouldn't either. So, who to bring in? True.... a manager of extreme quality would a) be difficult to attract and b) be unavailable. There's not many around. I'd back a tactician such as O'Neill. He'd do an excellent job. Somebody like a Klinsmann who manages with a lot of verve and desire could work. (Not necessarily Jurgen, simply an example of the type of coach we need)

Whatever the case, we need a change. A Blackburn supporting mate of mine asked me to describe Arsenal's predicament in one sentence. I gave him one word. 'Stale' They look bored and play with little urgency. And it needs sorting before it's too late.
    Maybe he wants to leave but for these lot to pay him off or he is doing this to spite the board

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't care less about the reason for him losing his mojo. I want him either gone or to rediscover it pronto before the embarrassment that is our club becomes even worse.