User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wenger Out?...Seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Agreed, agreed, agreed. Everything you're saying makes sense. But you are also effectively saying the board is one giant Wenger whipped lapdog. This alone is enough to warrant them walking. We need tough winners in every position, on the pitch, in the dugout, in the board room. Of course if they aren't Wenger whipped lapdogs that throws up another batch of compelling reasons for them to walk. They've failed, Wenger has failed. Let them make all their excuses but the game now becomes how to get them out and a proper team in who can restore the club to it's rightful place. Somebody on here was complaining about our arrogance, the belief we are entitled to be top dog. I'm guilty of that no doubt, and I wouldn't change it. I won't hand these guys the ridiculous amounts of money they demand for their sub-standard product, not any more. But it would scare the shit out of me to sit down and calculate the amount of money I've forked over to Arsenal Football Club over decades. If they wanted £3 to stand in a field then my feeling of entitlement suddenly vanishes. This is not disrespect to the other teams in the league, it is a demand for respect from the people taking my money. That's how it should work surely? I think the bargain shopping is probably Wenger's pet but who's going to say the board hasn't done rather well out of it themselves?
    Agreee totally NQ Untill the old farts like PHW leave nothing will change well at least in the board room. A new manager would still face the same problems only diffrence is hin influnce on the team will be diffrent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    If their demands are purely financial, do you not think that they are aware that not making 4th loses a lot of dosh, being low in the PL and starting to have trouble filling the stadium loses even more. They need success, even if it for a different reason than us.
    Finishing 4th is not success and it became so common place they figured we could keep stripping the assets without paying a price.

Then we got buttfucked 8-2.

Then we went on a panic buying spree.

But hey, it's too late.

The one saving grace, so I thought was that Liverpool would take our top 4 place. Now it looks like it'll be Spurs.

Fuckin magic eh?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    You know what's funny, the one game where we showed true defensive grit and really clung on when under pressure was the Dortmund game and that display came after Pat Rice had his half time team talk and shouted at them. Schzney did say he shouts a lot after the game. lol.

Wenger's tactic for that game was to attack them to keep that Mario Gotze guy from touching the ball. When it was made perfectly clear that it wasn't working, the team looked in trouble but got a lucky break with Dortmund being wasteful and RVP getting that 1 nil lead. Now, if I was Pat Rice, I'd have told them to hold on tooth and nail to that one nil victory. It didn't quite work but we saw a different approach at least. We looked more organised and players like Song and Kosienly looked better after half time. The focus was on defence and getting the result even if it was ugly. Not really what I like to see but at least it's something different and adapting to the situation. And remember...this is Pat Rice!

When it comes to Wenger's half time team talks....we ship in a further 5 goals like we did against Manure or 3 like we did yesterday. I've lost count of the amount of times this team has conceded a goal 5 minutes after Wenger's half time team talk. It happened again yesterday. How the mighty has fallen. It's a sad day. Was listening to Sunday Supplement and they told a story of when Pat Rice first started working with Wenger. Pat Rice was shouting at the players and Wenger sat him down and said that's not the Arsenal way, even though Pat has been at the club for years before Wenger. Pat looks pathetic on the touchline and a yes man because that's down to Wenger's influence and how he wants things to be run. Wenger's influence stretches too far and we need a change because the players just aren't responding to his ways.

This, But if Wengers influnce is big makes no diffrence talking about really does it, if like you say he has a hold over the board then he is never going to get sacked so its a waste even posting the board should sack wenger.

What we need is for someone on the board to Stand up and say arsenal are being made mugs off and things need to change. Nina has tried but no one listens to her.

People keep saying we need Dein back, is he the right way to go. tbh i just don't know what the answer is anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Finishing 4th is not success and it became so common place they figured we could keep stripping the assets without paying a price.

Then we got buttfucked 8-2.

Then we went on a panic buying spree.

But hey, it's too late.

The one saving grace, so I thought was that Liverpool would take our top 4 place. Now it looks like it'll be Spurs.Fuckin magic eh?
    Nah it will be pool spurs will loose a lot of games The Europa league will get in their way pool have no distractions tbh they are favs for 4th and with kenny they should get it.

we won't be have a st totterings day this season though put it that way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    [/B]

This, But if Wengers influnce is big makes no diffrence talking about really does it, if like you say he has a hold over the board then he is never going to get sacked so its a waste even posting the board should sack wenger.

What we need is for someone on the board to Stand up and say arsenal are being made mugs off and things need to change. Nina has tried but no one listens to her.

People keep saying we need Dein back, is he the right way to go. tbh i just don't know what the answer is anymore.
    When we fail to qualify for the Champions League and attendance figures start dropping, they'll give him the boot. Money talks. Gazidis and Stan know this club has worldwide appeal and potential and you can only grow that appeal if you're winning titles and in the Champions League. They'll sack Wenger if he keeps going at this pace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    When we fail to qualify for the Champions League and attendance figures start dropping, they'll give him the boot. Money talks. Gazidis and Stan know this club has worldwide appeal and potential and you can only grow that appeal if you're winning titles and in the Champions League. They'll sack Wenger if he keeps going at this pace.
    I'd hate to see Wenger leaving in that way, but unless he sorts things out PDQ, then that is going to be the inevitable consequence. He is now in the position of the team having lost confidence and that is probably the hardest test of a manager. Having a team that does not have the full skillset required is one thing, having a team with no confidence - and possibly no confidence that the manager can turn it round - is a different matter.