User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When was the last time the players looked like they were having fun on the Pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That thing makes me lol.

Looks like Wenger tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    told to go out and just enjoy the game.
    I think that's the problem. There seems to be little tactical planning or foundation that underpins the team, giving them that basic platform to build on before you play the pretty stuff and enjoy yourselves. Barca look like they'e having fun, but they have worked on it. I read one interview on Messi, where he says Guardiola makes them work hard in training off the ball, defending as a team from forwards to midfield to back four. Their possession game is built on players creating space, constantly moving, making themselves available to the ball carrier who usually has 2-3 options. They know what they are doing because they have practiced it over and over again.

Our players don't seem to utilize any tactical planning, they do just seem to have been told to 'go out and express' themselves. And when they seem to have worked on something, such as this 'zonal defending', it doesn't seem to work very well!

Its so frustrating because with the invincibles we would win the ball in midfield or defence, and counter attack with pace and intelligent movement. Ljunberg making diagonal runs, Cole linking up with Pires, Henry drifting around, Bergkamp being the No.10 pulling the strings, Veira driving forward the attacks. The team knew what they were doing, and were clearly enjoying it, so how come now they look so clueless a lot of the time?
    Last edited by Tipsychubbs; 19-09-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsychubbs View Post
    I think that's the problem. There seems to be little tactical planning or foundation that underpins the team, giving them that basic platform to build on before you play the pretty stuff and enjoy yourselves. Barca look like they'e having fun, but they have worked on it. I read one interview on Messi, where he says Guardiola makes them work hard in training off the ball, defending as a team from forwards to midfield to back four. Their possession game is built on players creating space, constantly moving, making themselves available to the ball carrier who usually has 2-3 options. They know what they are doing because they have practiced it over and over again.

Our players don't seem to utilize any tactical planning, they do just seem to have been told to 'go out and express' themselves. And when they seem to have worked on something, such as this 'zonal defending', it doesn't seem to work very well!

Its so frustrating because with the invincibles we would win the ball in midfield or defence, and counter attack with pace and intelligent movement. Ljunberg making diagonal runs, Cole linking up with Pires, Henry drifting around, Bergkamp being the No.10 pulling the strings, Veira driving forward the attacks. The team knew what they were doing, and were clearly enjoying it, so how come now they look so clueless a lot of the time?

good effing question. was clichy the last of the invincibles? i wish someone would interview him and ask him what changed tactically between then and now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The beginning of the 04/05 season was probably the best feeling ever as a fan.

Then Rooney and Riley cheated their way to a result.

Then Reyes became a useless pussy.

Then Chelsea's ££££$$$$$ took over.

Then......................