User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Defensive coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    one thing we can be sure about is no one would have won teh league unbeaten thats for sure. i think thats wengers greatest moment imo, and you can have your mourinhos, your fergies etc but thats the one thing they never have done.
    And they don't need to Fergie will still be a better Manager then Wenger because of what he won, same with Jose, Yeah its good to break records and i sure those players would be proud but im sure they'd have swapped it from aa few CL's and a few more Leagues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a wonderful achievment and you're right, no one will probably ever do it again, however it's just 1 league title, only with a novelty factor. Chelsea won the title the year after with more points, so that sort of puts some perspective on the greatness of it. I dunno, I've never put the feat on a pedestal as high it's accepted to be, would that team have been any less memorable if it had lost a game or 2 along the way? Probably not because of the stunning football they played.

I think it's a greater achievement to win your league and European Cup, to me that's the pinnacle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    one thing we can be sure about is no one would have won teh league unbeaten thats for sure. i think thats wengers greatest moment imo, and you can have your mourinhos, your fergies etc but thats the one thing they never have done.
    No doubt no doubt.

Fergie's only won 12 titles, 5 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 2 Champions Leagues, 1 Cup Winners Cups, 2 World Club Cups, 1 Super Cup.........mickey mouse manager to be honest , bet he's well jealous that Wenger managed an unbeaten season, talk is he'd swap all the trophies for it cos at the end of the day that's the one that matters if you want to go down as a great in the history books.

Oh he also won a treble, but that was scuffed so it doesn't count tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the stick Wenger is getting

I mean to actually ask whether Wenger, a manager of 30yrs and multiple League winner, needs defensive coaches. Funny.

And it's all thoroughly deserved because Wenger and this team are fucking wank and haven't been able to defend for 4 years.

This club is an utter embarrassment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    I love the stick Wenger is getting

I mean to actually ask whether Wenger, a manager of 30yrs and multiple League winner, needs defensive coaches. Funny.

And it's all thoroughly deserved because Wenger and this team are fucking wank and haven't been able to defend for 4 years.

This club is an utter embarrassment.
    It's really unfortunate to see that a coach who should have easily been able to take his place among the G.O.A.T.s has allowed it to come to this. I mean i know what Fergie said about our drought sounded a tad too simple. But it really is that simple, especially when dealing with legacies. Every time i see AW now, it feels like the emperor's new clothes, he's exposed far too much to us and i wish he'd just put it back. othes, he's exposed far too much to us and i wish he'd just put it back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but not getting a lot of love from my phone's browser arrrh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    It's really unfortunate to see that a coach who should have easily been able to take his place among the G.O.A.T.s has allowed it to come to this. I mean i know what Fergie said about our drought sounded a tad too simple. But it really is that simple, especially when dealing with legacies. Every time i see AW now, it feels like the emperor's new clothes, he's exposed far too much to us and i wish he'd just put it back. othes, he's exposed far too much to us and i wish he'd just put it back.
    Well he turned up into a goat though...