User Tag List

Thread: Is it time for a change in formation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it time for a change in formation?

I think we should all be taking a look at 4-3-3 a s apart of the problem. We no longer have Cesc around so no longer need this formation, with Jack injured also its not worth using just to stick with normality.

I think 4-3-3 stretches our team too much leaving us either exposed at the back or lacking any attackers up front. If we moved to a 4-4-2 we would have more options upfront as well as having a mostly intact back 4. I know there is a lot more tha needs to be sorted but this is surely a step in the right direction. From what I could see when Chamack came on we had more stability and more options in the box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by server too busy! View Post
    I think we should all be taking a look at 4-3-3 a s apart of the problem. We no longer have Cesc around so no longer need this formation, with Jack injured also its not worth using just to stick with normality.

I think 4-3-3 stretches our team too much leaving us either exposed at the back or lacking any attackers up front. If we moved to a 4-4-2 we would have more options upfront as well as having a mostly intact back 4. I know there is a lot more tha needs to be sorted but this is surely a step in the right direction. From what I could see when Chamack came on we had more stability and more options in the box.
    Well given that we got shafted by set pieces for goals 2 and 3, I would suggest that defensive organisation was more of a problem. the fourth was because we were committing bodies forward in search of an equaliser.

We scored three away from home, which is more than enough for 3 points usually.

It wasn't the formation. It was the fact we couldn't mark up in the box, and deal with simple balls.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that the only positive out that be taken and may I add should be taken with a ton of salt is that we scored three goals. Thats it with regards to that point as regardless of the formation we shipped goals because we are a bunch of weak twats.

Howevet the technicality of our current formation is lost on the whole team, we just dont have the quality,to be honest even with Cesc and Nas in the team we werent enough, we lacked the depth and Wenger played and still plays people out of position.

442 would be my choice now, with the tweek being that the top two has one playing slightly deeper.
    We could play a more direcy pacey attack with two wingers who have two strikers aiming to get their arses in the box. Gerbs showed his intent whereas Arshavins only intent was to show once more that he should be playing in that part of the park.
    Fick it, why wait get Oxo out there, at least he would have some running in him, I really am not sure what kind of player he is but anyone with pace would have scared the shit out of Givet and who else was playing wide defence for the chumps who fucked us over.
    Arshavin has rhe talent but surely he should be playing more central.
    The centre of the midfield is a worry, Areta provides the attack but who plays yhe holding role? Ramsey shows every week he is little more than a clue, have no idea what he provides except fill a place in Wengers inefficient formation. . .Song should be the natural choice but for the last season+ he is a fucking lump. . .could Jack and Areta take care if the centre?

The defence? oh fuck that is a devil the size of Borneo that still resides squarely on our back. . .LDG is right it doesnt really matter wgat formation we line up in, until we learn to defend, to stop acting like school kids and to stop panicing when teams stary to play themselves back into games we are always going to be tteafing water.

I think 442 would be good, watched Scum play last night in a 442 and their pace destroyed Liverpool, we have the pace so we should use it, however we missed the boat on Parker, definite step up from Song.
    But we dont have to stick to thst, but Wenger never changes things, seems not to take into consideration who we are playing, say again Arshavin should not have started on Saturday.
    He needs to learn the other teams have us sussed and what we play is no longer a surprise and to be fucking honest we aint god enough technically to win games on our charm and good looks

Fuck man time to get ugly, we are seriously a bunch or queens with derp voices

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by server too busy! View Post
    Is it time for a change in formation?
    Nope, that was 2 years ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's time to bring in quality players who can adapt and overcome whatever opposition is put in front of them. If that means something as basic as modifying a formation from time to time well yeah, let's have that.
    Für eure Sicherheit