User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: are we worse then liverpool or are we both in crisis?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an interesting question, and a pretty neat comparison. It makes a refreshing change from Spurs constantly being compared to us, their players saying they have a stronger squad, our own fans saying they have a better manager, "pundits" saying there's a shift in the balance of power in North London, only for the Lillywhites to finish below us time and time again.

We've had a truly shocking start to the season.....not only when we compare it and contrast it against Manchester United's excellent beginning. Their best Premiership start ever has punished us even more. There is no room for let-up, no room for slip-ups.

I've still gotta say, that we've gotta hold fire. If this start of the season is anything to go by, Newcastle are great and will finish in the Champions League. Nobody is saying that Sunderland are in a crisis, despite a crap start having bought umpteen players over the summer. Any comparison should be made later on in the season, or even after it.

I kinda think that Liverpool's trophy drought isn't mentioned as much as Arsenal's either, but that's probably because I'm looking at it through these red n white spectacles. Also, with the common denominator being Wenger, we're bound to have it mentioned more than Liverpool who have chopped and changed since 2006.
    Formerly TMOKJ

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 wins in 16 suggests its more than just a bad start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    We've been "unlucky"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    I'm sick of the negativity and I'm sick with being negative, but you just can't get past this fact. And right now, there is nothing to suggest that the next 16 games are likely to be any better.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    liverpool are a top class winger away from becoming an established top 4 team again.

at the moment they're battling for 4th.
    with another winger they could quite easily get 4th.

we on the other hand are regressing. at least liverpool have improved compared to previous seasons and there's an air of optimism around the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    I'm sick of the negativity and I'm sick with being negative, but you just can't get past this fact. And right now, there is nothing to suggest that the next 16 games are likely to be any better.

And here I thought that we are winning our next 33 games and ending on 103 points!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Suggest you watch us defending (or attempting to defend) and have a re-think about that 4th place. Like yourselves we had a £50mill player who wanted out. You converted the cash into players, we bought a new sauna for Peter Hill Wood. That will make a hell of a difference over a long season.
    the only thing i will say to that is they spent 35m of the 50m on carrol who is almost as much as a waste of money as torres. when we played them, tv5 who is about half his height had him in his pocket

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    liverpool are a top class winger away from becoming an established top 4 team again.

at the moment they're battling for 4th.
    with another winger they could quite easily get 4th.

we on the other hand are regressing. at least liverpool have improved compared to previous seasons and there's an air of optimism around the place.
    You should read some Liverpool forums.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    the only thing i will say to that is they spent 35m of the 50m on carrol who is almost as much as a waste of money as torres. when we played them, tv5 who is about half his height had him in his pocket
    He's the exact type of player we've needed for years. Whether he is that player, I hope so.

He's struggled to settle in but for too long we've had no alternatives up front, no way to change the pattern of a game. If we can find an effective way to accommodate him and Suarez then it could be a great partnership. He has to play his part though, at the moment he is playing without confidence and the longer that goes on the more pressure that will build.

For Torres and Babel we got Suarez and Carroll. I'm happy with that. If he does turn out to be a flop, then we move on. He isn't the first he won't be the last. I'd rather take the risk though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    We spent 15 Millon on a league 2 player so i think were even there. As fot the orginal question are we worse then pool, Of course we are. They were not expected to win the league realistally top 4 was their aim and they are going that way.

We don't know where we are going tbh but its 2 steps backwards