0 Thread(s)

4 - 2 - 4

The future?

Discuss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-4-2 or 4-2-4? When have we ever played 4-2-4?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's what England, United and (in the second half) Chelsea where playing this weekend.

Essentially it's two ball winning CM's, or CDM's supporting 2 strikers and wide forwards. We're still stuck on 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 AFAIK but today Yossi spent a lot of time really high up the pitch swapping from central to wide positions with Park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet to see it done well enough to want us to change (not that we ever will) Manyoo played well last night using it but come on, leeds were half pace and Manyoo had a quality team out there.

Chelsea lost using it at Manyoo and England are wankier than a wanky wankstain on Frank Lampards head

Still, couldnt be worse than our current "tactics"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-2-4...it doesn't matter.

Learn how to bloody defend first.

Even against the pub team last night, the guy was totally free in the box to score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-2-4 is incredibly ambitious. Speaking in the traditional sense, you'd need a pair of really strong midfielders in the middle- Vieira and Petit, for instance (although I don't think we ever played 4-2-4 between 97 and 2000)

Nowadays, 4-2-4 is much more likely to transform into 4-4-2 as the paradigm of the game changes. I can't see wingers staying forward and not helping their full-backs for 90 minutes.
    Formerly TMOKJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    4-2-4 is incredibly ambitious. Speaking in the traditional sense, you'd need a pair of really strong midfielders in the middle- Vieira and Petit, for instance (although I don't think we ever played 4-2-4 between 97 and 2000)

Nowadays, 4-2-4 is much more likely to transform into 4-4-2 as the paradigm of the game changes. I can't see wingers staying forward and not helping their full-backs for 90 minutes.
    you've never watched fat fuck have you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post

In the system it's the center forwards who normally drop back to help with ball winning but yeah, the system is as fluid as any.

Re-defending. Ever seen Barcelona defend a set piece? There defence is winning and keeping the ball. Vs a half decent opponent they can leak silly goals.

Our defence is something less entirely however, it's like they just said "ah fuck it, might as well be as bad as everyone says we are"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-2-2-2 on fifa effective tactic
    Formerly Known As Gunner_fan_4_life - GF4L

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerFan4Life View Post
    4-2-2-2 on fifa effective tactic
    Play 10-0-0 as i do on FIFA and still guaranteed to scored 20 goals at least in the first half