User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsene Wenger's "frosty" press conference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    just watched it and no wonder he got annoyed. he was asked a question he answered it and then the media just twisted it and asked him again. think it was swanson being a twat
    Shame he never gets annoyed as his precious players eh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do people still actually listen to anything Wenger has to say?

The guy is finished we're just seeing the start of a long and painful divorce.

Don't watch him, he's said everything before a thousand times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the replies on this thread, I kinda agree with Ollie and Grebbo.

1) We should not be willing the team to lose, in any way, shape or form. Defeat tomorrow will not spell the end for Wenger, anyway, so people wishing for this "worst case scenario"- I'm sorry to piss on your parade, but it's a long way off.

2) I gave up listening to Wenger a long time ago, too. Especially post-match in the wake of defeat. The same old sanctimonious bullsh!t. I just so happened to be at home today (a "no-work" day!) so I stumbled upon Wenger's pre-match conference
    Formerly TMOKJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind wenger getting a hard time from the press because it goes some way to balancing the lack of pressure that is out on him by his employers. Even if it is the scummy media, I feel someone who is as bad at his job as wenger is at the moment shouldn't be taking home £5m a year without being bullied a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    Further on, the interviewer asked about Gary Cahill (would we bid for him again in Jan, as Owen Coyle seems to thinks so). Wenger questioned the question- why was the interviewer asking this in September, at the close of the transfer window? Ask again in December.
    And quite right by Arsene Wenger. Outside the transfer window, it is wrong to discuss players from other clubs as it is destabilising. Only cunts from Barca cunt clubs would do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I don't mind wenger getting a hard time from the press because it goes some way to balancing the lack of pressure that is out on him by his employers. Even if it is the scummy media, I feel someone who is as bad at his job as wenger is at the moment shouldn't be taking home £5m a year without being bullied a bit.

I want even more pressure on this man. Just like the 8-2 defeat was necessary for major changes, I feel this pressure on AW is needed coz the board is doing jack shit. Inshahallah, this pressure will get him to quit or change his ways!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Kinda contradicts what Alex Fynn said on today's Arsecast about Wenger being under enormous pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Lehmann View Post
    Kinda contradicts what Alex Fynn said on today's Arsecast about Wenger being under enormous pressure.
    Alex Fynn

He's that poncy twat who used to be on the Sky panel on Saturday mornings before SoccerAm became a kids show innit.

Lol.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Alex Fynn

He's that poncy twat who used to be on the Sky panel on Saturday mornings before SoccerAm became a kids show innit.

Lol.
    Well, sure he does sound kinda camp...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Lehmann View Post
    Well, sure he does sound kinda camp...
    I just remember him being completely and utterly wrong most of the time....
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.