0 Thread(s)
    brilliant press conference.

needs to do stuff like this more often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Lehmann View Post
    Kinda contradicts what Alex Fynn said on today's Arsecast about Wenger being under enormous pressure.
    I don't know what alex fynn is.And those who are switched on would try to look further into that statement; wenger is under pressure from who? Because his employer publicly said the other day that wenger will not be sacked. Is he under pressure from the fans? The fans might want him out but they have little say in the matter. I've got to be honest, if my employer told me I will not get sacked, My natural reaction wouldn't be to feel like I'm struggling to keep my job...maybe that's just me and my crazy logic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I don't know what alex fynn is.And those who are switched on would try to look further into that statement; wenger is under pressure from who? Because his employer publicly said the other day that wenger will not be sacked. Is he under pressure from the fans? The fans might want him out but they have little say in the matter. I've got to be honest, if my employer told me I will not get sacked, My natural reaction wouldn't be to feel like I'm struggling to keep my job...maybe that's just me and my crazy logic.
    They said that in public, of course. What else can they say? They have to at least appear to be behind him.

Privately, I'm sure it's very different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    They said that in public, of course. What else can they say? They have to at least appear to be behind him.

Privately, I'm sure it's very different.
    Nothing at all.

When Ivan is asked that question, he should say "we never discuss the manager's position publicly as a club policy" or some garbage along those lines. Saying nothing is better than what he said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I just remember him being completely and utterly wrong most of the time....
    This I did not know, having never heard of him.

What he said on the Arsecast pretty much mirrored that interview on Goal.com that Ach posted.

Although granted, Goal.com aren't the most rigorous in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This I did not know, having never heard of him.

What he said on the Arsecast pretty much mirrored that interview on Goal.com that Ach posted.

Although granted, Goal.com aren't the most rigorous in the world.
    He's just someone who makes some money from being an Arsenal pundit.

Maybe he has links into the club, but those links (you would think) would be plugged up by the club if they didn't want private info getting out. But then, you would have though someone with as close links to the club, like Wrighty, Smudger, Dixon, Keown etc etc would know more....and their guess is as good as anyones...

All I know is that he's talked absolute rubbish whenever I've listened to him.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    He's just someone who makes some money from being an Arsenal pundit.

Maybe he has links into the club, but those links (you would think) would be plugged up by the club if they didn't want private info getting out. But then, you would have though someone with as close links to the club, like Wrighty, Smudger, Dixon, Keown etc etc would know more....and their guess is as good as anyones...

All I know is that he's talked absolute rubbish whenever I've listened to him.
    I doubt Arseblog pays him though.

He actually struck me as one of those guys who get's a kick out divulging supposed inside knowledge.
    He wasn't shy about talking about how he was a neighbour of Wenger and personal aquaintance.

I think he's a freelance something or other so Arsenal can't really shut him up without NDAs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing at all.

When Ivan is asked that question, he should say "we never discuss the manager's position publicly as a club policy" or some garbage along those lines. Saying nothing is better than what he said.
    Every company has this policy though surely?

If your company put you on probation would you want that disclosed publically?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every company has this policy though surely?

If your company put you on probation would you want that disclosed publically?
    No, but obviously there's some middle ground here. I wouldn't expect my manager to be saying "I will not consider sacking him" if he is.

Lets be clear about what Ivan said.

"Arsene Wenger is not broken. To see him portrayed as an idiot is damaging - not to him or the club but to the game.
    "[Sacking him] is a route we are not going to go down."

...This is different from just presenting a unified front with something like "We are behind Arsene and believe he will turn things around" or "Wenger is a good manager and we are fully behind him". He explicitly says he will not consider sacking him. I don't understand the ambiguity here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing at all.

Care to explain why?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.