User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsene Wenger's "frosty" press conference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsene Wenger's "frosty" press conference

Ahead of tomorrow's game against Bolton, AW's press conference (which is always given such a high billing by SSN in spite of just how indifferently we're doing on the pitch) was incredible, perhaps for all the wrong reasons. It was like watching an embarrassing Uncle make a drunken fool of himself at a family wedding. A sharp intake of breath and a wince at the cringeworthy character.

So, I caught this press conference just at the point where Wenger was discussing/praising "......the spirit of the team" (This could have been preceded by the words "I question..." but the likelihood of that is slim to none.) The interviewer went on to ask if Wenger is feeling the pressure (only the pre-match jitters, Wenger replied, or words to that effect), whether he needs to supplement his coaching staff (no, was the frank answer from Le Prof) and whether or not Bergkamp is coming back to the club in a coching capacity (at this point AW got touchy- he said he had just answered that question)

Further on, the interviewer asked about Gary Cahill (would we bid for him again in Jan, as Owen Coyle seems to thinks so). Wenger questioned the question- why was the interviewer asking this in September, at the close of the transfer window? Ask again in December. The interviewer, not knowing the folly of his ways, then proceeded to ask if we were going to sign Joey Barton in the summer just gone. "No comment", Wenger replied.

Throughout, Arsene Wenger was noticably agitated, and there were even signs of an anxious twitch (not to Redknapp proportions, of course, but the gaffer could barely crack a smile)

I didn't know whether to be impressed or horrified by the end of it. Compelling viewing, for all of 5 minutes (if that), for all the wrong reasons.
    Formerly TMOKJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when the whole british media have been bashing you all fucking summer it might be understandable why he is annoyed at them, its a new sport for them, lets get wenger even more pissed off. not to say he hasnt made mistakes but the way they are going on at him is disgusting

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was great. About time he treated them like crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on him, he doesn't need to say anything.

Talking is done on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serves Wenger right, he is so full of bullshit im surprised he dont burst.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fats View Post
    Serves Wenger right, he is so full of bullshit im surprised he dont burst.
    Damn right, he's an embarrassment, he's chosen now to shut the f*ck up when we're going through our worst period and he has a lot to answer for (and he has to answer the most difficult questions) rather than several years ago.

Bout time people asked him some probing questions though, he's been getting lame questions for years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger is rightly being questioned for the mistakes he has made in terms of tactics, transfer dealings etc not just last season, but over the last 5 seasons. With any other manager, his very position at the club would have been questioned, so the fact that Wenger is under the spotlight in a negative way is all his own doing and I don't feel sorry for him. He's messed up and he's paying the consequences at least in the media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't give a fuck.

I just want a committed 3 points this weekend.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i swear some people are enjoying this bad press about us and almost want us to lose so it can continue so they get their way rather then wanting the team to turn it round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just watched it and no wonder he got annoyed. he was asked a question he answered it and then the media just twisted it and asked him again. think it was swanson being a twat