User Tag List

Page 1604 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 60411041504155415941602160316041605160616141654170421042604 ... LastLast
Results 16,031 to 16,040 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They wouldn't give me the week off so I had to settle for a tactical day off next Tuesday.

5 day weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Student holidays

still got over a week left

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    25 years since Hillsborough, and for me it should still be remembered in 50 years and in 100 years

Because if you forget what happened, it can happen again......worrying seeing the calls on one hand for terracing to return to football matches, and on the other hand fences to return to protect football players from idiot fans.

What happened to the 96 in Sheffield could have happened to any of us, they weren't criminals or thugs they were football fans going to watch a football match and never coming home again because of the ineptitude and connivance and cowardice of the police. And because of the corruption, and protect your own mentality of the police...the injustice went on for these people long after they have been unlawfully killed.

This cannot be forgotten ever, because it must never happen again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    worrying seeing the calls on one hand for terracing to return to football matches

=/=

You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    25 years since Hillsborough, and for me it should still be remembered in 50 years and in 100 years

Because if you forget what happened, it can happen again......worrying seeing the calls on one hand for terracing to return to football matches, and on the other hand fences to return to protect football players from idiot fans.

What happened to the 96 in Sheffield could have happened to any of us, they weren't criminals or thugs they were football fans going to watch a football match and never coming home again because of the ineptitude and connivance and cowardice of the police. And because of the corruption, and protect your own mentality of the police...the injustice went on for these people long after they have been unlawfully killed.

This cannot be forgotten ever, because it must never happen again
    Frankly I think the coverage every year is over-done. Yes, it was bad but it's not the only time a large number of people have lost their lives. All the games kicked off at 7 minutes past as a mark of respect. Really? When's the last time the Bradford fire was even mentioned let alone caused the whole fixture list to be moved.

Yes, the police made the mistakes which led to it and then, worse, covered it up. That clearly needs investigating. Let's not all pretend that the Liverpool fans were all sober and politely queuing and the tragedy just happened though. And there are several reasons why it's extremely unlikely to happen again.

1) The hooligan element is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. They real knuckle-draggers have been priced out of it.

2) You don't have people paying on the door any more at the top level. All the grounds have proper gates, you're not going to get thousands of fans without tickets just turning up.

3) As WMUG has said, the newer terraces being proposed are not the old style ones, there will still be a fixed number of spaces. It won't be a matter of cramming as many people in as possible.

Personally I don't like terraces but not because they're dangerous, I'd just personally prefer to sit. But it does create a better atmosphere and I don't believe the new proposals would cause any safety issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With eticketing there's really no reason as to why safe standing can't work.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Frankly I think the coverage every year is over-done. Yes, it was bad but it's not the only time a large number of people have lost their lives. All the games kicked off at 7 minutes past as a mark of respect. Really? When's the last time the Bradford fire was even mentioned let alone caused the whole fixture list to be moved.

Yes, the police made the mistakes which led to it and then, worse, covered it up. That clearly needs investigating. Let's not all pretend that the Liverpool fans were all sober and politely queuing and the tragedy just happened though. And there are several reasons why it's extremely unlikely to happen again.

1) The hooligan element is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. They real knuckle-draggers have been priced out of it.

2) You don't have people paying on the door any more at the top level. All the grounds have proper gates, you're not going to get thousands of fans without tickets just turning up.

3) As WMUG has said, the newer terraces being proposed are not the old style ones, there will still be a fixed number of spaces. It won't be a matter of cramming as many people in as possible.

Personally I don't like terraces but not because they're dangerous, I'd just personally prefer to sit. But it does create a better atmosphere and I don't believe the new proposals would cause any safety issues.

To be fair no-one villified those who perished in the Bradford fire as being responsible for their own deaths. Also whilst because of the stadium design it was an accident waiting to happen, people didn't die because of the connivance of the police who at Bradford were heroic in their quick response. There is a surviving video of what happened at Valley Parade on you tube and every officer you can see takes tremendous risks to save as many people as possible. At Hillsborough the police response was totally lacking in quelling the carnage they themselves had created, and they stopped ambulances getting into the ground because they were more worried about a "potential" pitch invasion than assisting those who were dying.
    But i can see what your saying, for me personally what happened at Bradford is just as bad and it should be remembered, but Hillsborough has been a constant living nightmare for the families of those who have perished and who were lied to, marganalised and had the memories of their deceased loves ones spat upon.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    With eticketing there's really no reason as to why safe standing can't work.
    My point was that terracing on it's own is not an issue, but when you have at the same time people arguing about re-errecting the fences seperating fans from the pitch that were the main cause for so many fatalities at Hillsborough it makes me uncomfortable even in this day and age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are people really calling for fences in front of the stands? I've not heard anyone ask for that, but yes, that'd be stupid. On its own though, the issue of safe standing seems completely inarguable: obviously it should happen.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Are people really calling for fences in front of the stands? I've not heard anyone ask for that, but yes, that'd be stupid. On its own though, the issue of safe standing seems completely inarguable: obviously it should happen.
    It was mooted when Rio Ferdinand was hit by a coin in the 3-2 Manchester Derby last season, but as i say no i've no issue with terracing itself. Take Anfield for example, the seats in the Anfield road end are built with midgets in mind so sitting isn't optional there anyway.