User Tag List

Page 1958 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 95814581858190819481956195719581959196019682008205824582958 ... LastLast
Results 19,571 to 19,580 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky News coverage is remarkable. They have figured out who did it, how it was done, how security was breached and what needs to be done next to prevent these attacks. Perhaps a Homeland Security for Europe would fit the bill? Je Suis Euro. Birds and stones.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real question now is if we "allow" people to go about their business or if we have to lock everything down. Freedom versus fear is what needs to be balanced.

This is actually being said on Sky News right now. I guess they have these security experts on speed dial.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I still love Sky News for the remarkably accurate and responsible way it covered July 7th 2005.

Appropriately enough my iPod on shuffle is playing "Dirty Laundry" by Don Henley

"It's interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry"

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Islam

Awlful religion

Let's be fair if not for the enlightenment, Christian fundamentalists would be pulling exactly the same shit right now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Let's be fair if not for the enlightenment, Christian fundamentalists would be pulling exactly the same shit right now
    Maybe. But I think generally Islam is a more harsh religion, I was looking up their version of the 10 commandments and their "thou shall not kill" has some caveat, something like "unless there is just cause". So there's more wiggle room for interpretation in their version.
    I'm no scholar of Islam of course.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    All the abrahamic religions are equally self contradictory and barbaric in my eyes

Christianity is just the Old Testament with eternal damnation tacked on at the end, so there's no escape from totalitarian authority even when you snuff it.

And the Old Testament is plenty harsh, genocide and slavery are routinely seen as acceptable

The first few commandments are basically the start of a relationship with a jealous, in secure partner "thou shalt have no other gods but me".

The only thing that makes Islam worse is that it calls itself "the final truth", that any other faith before or after is unnecessary and undesirable.

Islam has been imposed as absolutism in middern eastern states and other than the ancient caliphates which were seats of great leaning and tolerance, it has been imposed as an unalterable dark age philosophy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Islam is almost irrelevant outside its designated turf compared to the reach of the Christian/ Currency religion that has consumed and perverted the world. When you grow up in an environment of evil, when evil is the norm, then you won't be able to recognise evil unless you deliberately look. This is why the Cash Christians are the good guys/ Islam is evil, Brits and Yanks are good/ Nazis bad - on our TVs. On TVs elsewhere, it's the reverse. Organised religion is just another way to go if you want to control and abuse human beings.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else think the Euros will be cancelled?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Anyone else think the Euros will be cancelled?
    Fuck that, I have a ticket for the 2nd round tie in Paris, potentially England's game if they win their group!

It does make you think though, what with all this shit happening on their doorstep. The security will be pretty intense but I doubt UEFA would pull the plug as there is too much money involved.