User Tag List

Page 2017 of 3191 FirstFirst ... 101715171917196720072015201620172018201920272067211725173017 ... LastLast
Results 20,161 to 20,170 of 31909

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    #brexit.

The trouble with democracy is that it's based on the idea that everyone has an equally valid opinion and that just isn't true.

I remember years ago rumblings of a referendum about us adopting the Euro and thinking "Don't ask me!". I like to think I'm reasonably intelligent and well educated but I got a D in Economics! Were there such a referendum I'd try to educate myself on the relevant issues to try and make an informed decision but I'm not a subject matter expert, why would I be? And millions of Sun and Daily Mail readers would vote no because of the "bloody Frogs" and "all them foreigners". Why do those people get a say?

I'm increasingly disillusioned with the whole system. I cannot get my head around the fact that Trump has just boasted about sexually assaulting women (and this after a torrent of lies, racism, misogyny over the last year) and rather than being deselected people are waving little American flags at him and voting for him.

Logic
    Reason

Jesus Christ!

(He's your boss isn't he? What does he think about your rather nasty and dismissive opinion of so many members of his flock? Both here and abroad?)
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Well that's fair enough, Jesus if he existed was yet another nutbag a who taught his followers to love thy enemy and to turn the other cheek and that to give no thought to the morrow in terms of thinking about anything other than the here and now (which was the forerunner for apolcayptic ideation, don't plan for a world that is not going to be here).

So to pretend Jesus was a good moral teacher is somewhat perverse to begin with

And yet we are told by Christians that we have to embrace the human sacrifice in order to divest us of original sin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Well that's fair enough, Jesus if he existed was yet another nutbag a who taught his followers to love thy enemy and to turn the other cheek and that to give no thought to the morrow in terms of thinking about anything other than the here and now (which was the forerunner for apolcayptic ideation, don't plan for a world that is not going to be here).

So to pretend Jesus was a good moral teacher is somewhat perverse to begin with

And yet we are told by Christians that we have to embrace the human sacrifice in order to divest us of original sin.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of all religion. Religion is not the same thing as spiritual belief. Religion is a tawdry, manmade control mechanism like any other. It's the control that's important, not the philosophical integrity or moral directive. This is why so many members of religious clubs will reluctantly agree to slaughter their fellow man, in the victim's best interests of course. History tells us this and history continues to happen right across the globe, centuries on. What's wrong with this picture?

The myth of Jesus, on the other hand, is a device used to underpin the control structure of the biggest religious club. It's very clever. If we all ever bothered to follow the eminently sensible and personally beneficial theoretical teachings of Jesus then (leaving aside the fact we are scientifically primitive at this time so don't grasp the nature of our environment or even our existence) we'd be a damn sight better off. That can't be denied. Don't kill people. Don't steal from them. Have a bit of respect. That's all he really taught. So build a criminal syndicate on top of those principles and you have a shield for life, plus it becomes a simple matter to control the foot soldiers. Basing the whole thing in faith is the icing on the cake. It becomes blasphemous to question the rulebook and, more importantly, the rulers who have, after all, been appointed by a faith based deity who must never be questioned. Pray to me. Kill for me. Pay me. Love your neighbour - and then rob and kill him. Simply God moving in mysterious ways. I bet company CEO's wish they had such advantages at their disposal (they are getting there).

The delicious hypocrisy of religious leaders "sadly" accepting the will of their god because, because, because. They even set themselves up as victims, heroically suffering for their faith. And mysteriously, all the while, accumulating personal power. What was it Carlin said? God is omnipotent, all powerful, the master of all he surveys. But the one thing he can't get a grip on is money. He needs your money!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is this kabaddi thing I keep seeing on Sky Sports?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's 'it', Indian style. In India it's quite a big thing, they have leagues and show it on TV and everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I saw a lot of brown people taking part, I had no idea what was going on though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37667924

Trump going mad, trying everything he can now to derail the Clinton camp. Now he's saying she was on drugs and should be tested before the next debate. Oh and that the election is rigged.

Maybe they should bin them both, give Obama the Presidency for another year and start again!
    Last edited by Goonermerree; 16-10-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going? Implying a change.

Clinton, for all her problems, at least has a grip on reality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And again, hot on the heels of your last triumph, the next plunge into waters so far out of your depth you can't find a bottom to start your usual digging.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I have nothing to add here so I'm going to say something vague which sounds like it might be clever and be making a point but really isn't saying anything.
    Fair enough.