User Tag List

Page 2019 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 101915191919196920092017201820192020202120292069211925193019 ... LastLast
Results 20,181 to 20,190 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freedom of speech, innit.

They've got so wound up in their 'freedoms' they've forgotten what they actually mean.

To Americans, freedom of speech means you can say whatever you want without it ever being challenged.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    What I really can't understand is how he can just keep saying stuff without any scrutiny.
    Every time I see him talk (before I turn off for fear of putting my put through the screen) he just keeps spouting stuff which just isn't true and rather than thinking "hang on, is that true?" his supporters whoop and cheer and wave little American flags.

Twats.
    You do know that the President is just a front man for the machine that works behind him/her?

He's an actor saying or doing whatever will get his party in office.

What's more worrying are the people who are in agreement with what he's saying. That's the real problem. Just like the UK. A flock of sheep being herded here and there, deflecting from the real problems that nobody wants to address.

Having either if them in office amounts to the same thing. A different bunch of power hungry cunts, ensuring the rich people they are in bed with stay rich. There is no politics here, it's just which side gets to the trough this time round.

The very fact that people (even here) are obsessed with the personality of the two people going for office, shows how much we are obsessed with the shite the media spew out. It's like X-Factor for presidents. Soon people will phone vote it all.

Whoever ends up in office isn't going to be dangerous (depending on which way you view it), as the puppet will revert to type as soon as their feet are under the desk. The stats quo will remain....unless Trump can't keep his mouth shut, in which case I'm sure he term will be terminated quickly in some way shape or form.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    I find it odd that a man with no political background whatsoever can can even run for the top office.
    I don't think that's necessarily of itself a bad thing, i think the problem is that too many politicians are SPADS who know no world outside politics

I'd prefer a politician to have more experience from the outside world, it's not unique in American Presidential History either. Lincoln had held no public office before becoming president and Eisenhower was a General who was courted by both political parties.

But a businessman (well a realtor with a dodgy hair cut and reality tv star) who is running a campaign which is a total hypocrisy on everything he's ever done in business?.....No thanks.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    What I really can't understand is how he can just keep saying stuff without any scrutiny.
    Every time I see him talk (before I turn off for fear of putting my put through the screen) he just keeps spouting stuff which just isn't true and rather than thinking "hang on, is that true?" his supporters whoop and cheer and wave little American flags.

Twats.

Two reasons for it, One because you scrutinise Trump every time he says something that's clearly stupid or a lie you would spend all the time doing so and Two the Media are terrified of the perception of being seen as biased (which in many cases they are) and therefore they feel the need to draw an equivalence between the candidates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you can say Obama has just been a front man for a machine. He's pushed through progressive laws and been frustrated in his attempts to push through others.
    Who the president is does make a difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    You do know that the President is just a front man for the machine that works behind him/her?

He's an actor saying or doing whatever will get his party in office.

What's more worrying are the people who are in agreement with what he's saying. That's the real problem. Just like the UK. A flock of sheep being herded here and there, deflecting from the real problems that nobody wants to address.

Having either if them in office amounts to the same thing. A different bunch of power hungry cunts, ensuring the rich people they are in bed with stay rich. There is no politics here, it's just which side gets to the trough this time round.

The very fact that people (even here) are obsessed with the personality of the two people going for office, shows how much we are obsessed with the shite the media spew out. It's like X-Factor for presidents. Soon people will phone vote it all.

Whoever ends up in office isn't going to be dangerous (depending on which way you view it), as the puppet will revert to type as soon as their feet are under the desk. The stats quo will remain....unless Trump can't keep his mouth shut, in which case I'm sure he term will be terminated quickly in some way shape or form.
    Thanks.

There are times when I think it's me that's insane so it's a hell of a comfort to know that at least some other people can see this bloody obvious, smacking them in the face, shitting down their throat reality.

The mere fact the Bush gang has teamed up with the Clinton gang this time around ought to give the game away to even the most challenged of thinkers. Actors playing their role so the audience looks over here and not over there.

The one shining star of this whole process has been Julian Assange. That guy has guts.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Two reasons for it, One because you scrutinise Trump every time he says something that's clearly stupid or a lie you would spend all the time doing so and Two the Media are terrified of the perception of being seen as biased (which in many cases they are) and therefore they feel the need to draw an equivalence between the candidates.
    Do you really believe the media is terrified of that perception? If so, they have rushed headlong into their worst fear. As a result, their credibility rating stands at 6%. Mind you, that doesn't stop almost 100% of people reaching for the remote control so they can tune in to propaganda that would make the Cold War Kremlin blush. People literally know they are being lied to and yet they still view these outlets as authorities. It's a shocking indictment of the average citizen. However, fewer and fewer young people are engaging so the future is not necessarily written.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you can say Obama has just been a front man for a machine. He's pushed through progressive laws and been frustrated in his attempts to push through others.
    Who the president is does make a difference.
    Not biting.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't addressed at you.
    But if you or LDG disagree then feel free to say why.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Do you really believe the media is terrified of that perception? If so, they have rushed headlong into their worst fear. As a result, their credibility rating stands at 6%. Mind you, that doesn't stop almost 100% of people reaching for the remote control so they can tune in to propaganda that would make the Cold War Kremlin blush. People literally know they are being lied to and yet they still view these outlets as authorities. It's a shocking indictment of the average citizen. However, fewer and fewer young people are engaging so the future is not necessarily written.

Yes I do think they are terrified, print news has become extinct and the media networks are worried about going the same way.

In some ways it's a good thing, people are thinking for themselves more. On the other hand are they? They seem more interested in reading things online that confirm their own opinions rather than anything that expands their understanding.