User Tag List

Page 2026 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 102615261926197620162024202520262027202820362076212625263026 ... LastLast
Results 20,251 to 20,260 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I do wonder what would have happened had some people asked for a cake which was, say, pro-ISIS.
    Would that have got to court had the bakery refused?
    The key issue, for me, is that the bakery didn't refuse to make the cake because of the sexuality of the clients, it was because of the message they were being asked to promote which they didn't feel they could.
    Are they not allowed to have that view these days?

But again my main argument is why would anyone care enough to turn away business in the first place?. I don't know how good business is for them, either it is thriving and they can afford to turn away the homosexual clientele or they are just like most people who find solace in religion...a bit simple.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    See, I don't think a seller should be able to discriminate based on who the person is.
    If the gays want an anniversary cake then fine, the bakers may have a view on that but they do anniversary cakes so sure, why not?
    Where I think it's wrong is they were being asked to print a cake which promoted a cause they didn't believe in. The couple could have just gone somewhere else, this only got legal to make a point. And the point is that apparently you're not allowed to have that view or at least you're not allowed to stand by it.
    Oh i look at it differently, i think there should be freedom to discriminate

The problem with rather toxic attitudes is that they are made worse by a culture of trying to silence people. If you let people hold their pointless views rather than try to stifle them, you let all the air out of the balloon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I've always called them fags. Gay is a word that had a very specific meaning before it was hijacked and who wants to type out homosexual all the time? This fucked up LBGT or LGHTV or HDTV or whatever fucking mess of letters it is supposed to be is the new politically correct way I guess? Won't be using that, ever.

My complaint here is the seller's rights have been deemed inferior to a buyer's rights. The, "we are all equal but some of us are a bit more equal", condition.
    I used to work with this guy (I think?) who described himself as "Non-binary gender-fluid pansexual"

I hated his fucking guts.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweeping generalisations (that was at HCZ)

It's called conviction and standing up for what you believe in

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    I used to work with this guy (I think?) who described himself as "Non-binary gender-fluid pansexual"

I hated his fucking guts.
    and you were right to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gays.

Awful abominations.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Sweeping generalisations (that was at HCZ)

It's called conviction and standing up for what you believe in

Yes doesn't mean i have to respect that conviction though, like i say if a small businessman puts the bible above business than that person deserves to go out of business....and when he can't afford the heating he can wrap him up in his silly self-righteousness and say he stood up for his beliefs.

It's utterly ridiculous, i could be an Arsenal supporting Baker, i'm not going to not make a Spurs crested cake, or a chelsea crested cake, or a cake where Pope Alexander VI looks astonished at the Turin shroud because it has the outline of the face of Jose Mourinho on it.

I think all religion is nonsense but i'd make a Jesus died for our sins cake if the customer paid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like cake.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Well arguably Fag and Faggot have been appropriated as well, anyone who can tell me what the etymology of calling homosexual people fags is (faggots are meatballs and fags are cigarettes) i will be mildly grateful for not having to be bothered to look it up myself.

Again a seller in my view within reason should be able to do what they like with their product, if a baker puts a sign on the front of the door saying "No Blacks, Jews or Queers" my view is that should be allowed because again to be too discerning on your customer base is self harm and in a competitive world those discriminated against will be welcomed elsewhere.

Also when these people sue, what is the price you can put on hurt feelings?
    Zero is the only fitting price. Nothing happens to you when you are offended. There is no harm or damages caused. So correct compensation is zero.

I'm not necessarily again fines for those who are not vigorous enough or generous enough in offering offence to these precious dickheads. There are fags being thrown off tall buildings in the Mid East and silly little shit stabbers like this "bloke" get all huffy about a cake. I was going to say fuck him, but he'd like that.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Zero is the only fitting price. Nothing happens to you when you are offended. There is no harm or damages caused. So correct compensation is zero.

I'm not necessarily again fines for those who are not vigorous enough or generous enough in offering offence to these precious dickheads. There are fags being thrown off tall buildings in the Mid East and silly little shit stabbers like this "bloke" get all huffy about a cake. I was going to say fuck him, but he'd like that.
    In fairness i felt very similarly when that chubby scientist with the European Space mission was pilloried on social media for this shirt he wore depicting a scantily clad anime woman.

So that's your main anger and not women having acid thrown in their face by rejected suitors, being murdered by their parents in the name of honour or being stoned to death for looking a boy on a bike as he drives past.

It does seem more about self-actualisation than it does about fighting for equality.

I'm not sure every Gay man wants to be bummed by every man he meets, I certainly don't want to have sex with every woman i come across.