User Tag List

Page 2037 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 103715371937198720272035203620372038203920472087213725373037 ... LastLast
Results 20,361 to 20,370 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Can you all please stop beating on my bitch!?
    Don't worry. There's plenty of Letters to go around

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    1) No it's not different at all, both are equally the same it's trying to push your beliefs on someone at the most inappropriate moment. Because you think what you believe has greater inducements, makes it no different at all.

2) I commend you for your intellectual honesty, that you freely admit that Christians see themselves as having a moral duty not just to believe what they believe but to convince other people for it as well.
    And what a fantastic comparison you've made between religion and eating establishments, i quite agree preaching on the streets is very similar to handing out fliers for business....but i would think it's pretty poor form for a funeral business to start touting at someone's death bed.....maybe they are offering the dying the comfort of knowing their family are going to be getting a discount for the wooden casket their cadaver will be placed in

3) No i'm not talking about certain illnesses, i'm talking about visiting the scared and in pain who are near the end...and why? because people in such a state are necessarily more malleable....it's not just those with conditions that diminish their capacity. And you justify it by saying these people are more in need of your tender ministries......which seems to be a pretty glib way of justifying that you are working on the more suggestible.
    If they had no need of what you seem to offer as "comprehensive insurance" when in health mind and body, than any deathbed conversion is manifestly false and made under the duress of terror.
    So yes if a hypothetical dying man never went to church during his life, had never really felt the need to pay any attention to religion but knowing the end is near becomes panicked about the uncertainty that lies ahead to pounce on that to sell a product (which you've basically admitted through your response is what Christianity is) is one of the worst examples of opportunism there is.
    You can argue that to spread the word of God is your christian duty and i don't disagree for a second, but you'll understand why this is one reason amongst many others why i find Religion in general and Christianity profoundly immoral.
    I think you're wilfully misunderstanding what I'm saying. I think the points I'm making are fairly clear so I'll leave it there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not us who saves souls by the way, but we are commanded to spread what we believe. How would anyone else get to hear about it otherwise?
    The Crusaders and the Inquisition were fairly high profile. Most people probably got the gist of it without the individual cold-calling.

Not that it bothers me. If I'm in the mood I don't mind talking to Jehova's lot. That little old lady and the creepy kid. They're usually good for a laugh. Not so keen on the Christians. The beatific smile is one thing but the air of pity gets me. I have a wife for that.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I think you're wilfully misunderstanding what I'm saying. I think the points I'm making are fairly clear so I'll leave it there
    I don't think i am at all. I think you've made yourself very clear.

And you've reiterated it again "we have a duty to share what we believe", and my point is some take that duty more seriously than others.

And what i say to any Christian is "you have I'm sure a very nice toy, I'm glad you enjoy playing with it.....but i don't want to play with your toy, so don't ask me to play with your toy!"

But i'm happy to leave it there. I've made it clear from the outset i'm not after a conversion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not trying to convert you.
    There have been approximately 42,532,980,713 internet arguments about religion and I'm guessing roughly 0 of those have resulted in a conversion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm IN!
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I'm not trying to convert you.
    There have been approximately 42,532,980,713 internet arguments about religion and I'm guessing roughly 0 of those have resulted in a conversion.
    No, i meant i wasn't trying to convert you

I have to say this is one of those few instances where i'm with NQ, If i'm in the right mood it can be very amusing to chat to religious recruiters.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 27-10-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I see

I can't be doing with JWs. I guess their heart is in the right place but I don't think their brain is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I'm IN!
    Yay! Your welcome pack and the secret part of the Bible we don't show to that lot will be in the post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! Your welcome pack and the secret part of the Bible we don't show to that lot will be in the post
    There's a twist?

It better be as good as Shawshank or Usual Suspects or I'm sending it back
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.