User Tag List

Page 2040 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 104015401940199020302038203920402041204220502090214025403040 ... LastLast
Results 20,391 to 20,400 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    It's a choice between someone who in all likelihood has abused their position, and someone will almost certainly will.
    That is a depressingly accurate way of putting it.
    This is such a depressing election.
    The level of debate has been worse than on here. Almost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Besides, Letters keeps us up to date on what he's doing at "work" so we have our very own series running here.
    Oh hai

Well, since you ask I've spent today testing the mobile app on a test day. Went well, thanks for asking.
    Next task is to see if I can find somewhere to watch the game or possibly go for a swim.
    Tomorrow we might be going to an elephant orphanage

No need to thank me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That is a depressingly accurate way of putting it.
    This is such a depressing election.
    The level of debate has been worse than on here. Almost.
    Anthony Weiner being implicated in it now, after the shambles he made of his career.

If you haven't seen the doc about his shenanigans, it's definitely worth seeing. Face-palming stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    When is it, he says, not arsed to look it up.
    10f Dec
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I almost forgot it's that time of the year when LDG, cheats time on Sunday and gets an extra hour on Monday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    10f Dec
    Hmm. MrsL will be working so should be able to make it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adzzzbatch View Post
    Oh I almost forgot it's that time of the year when LDG, cheats time on Sunday and gets an extra hour on Monday.
    With two kids under three, I must say, I cannot do this anymore. I'm just up at 4am rather than 5am.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only in America! A Hobson's choice of candidates. One a pervert, the other under email scrutiny. Eleven days before the official election the FBI brings out something that is sure to hit Cllinton's cause. So Trump could get in, god help us all. (I think Clinton has more experience to give her a chance of running the country better than Trump). It could turn out to be nothing, in which case they've hampered her cause for nothing. She might get in and she has done something illegal, so now what?

Not only that, a few million have already voted without prior knowledge of the latest scandal. Does their vote still stand?They might have changed their minds now. It's crazy! The FBI should make a quick investigation and act upon it appropriately. If she has done something wrong, then surely the Democrats should be able to pick another candidate, it's unhealthy that a candidate should win by default and sets a bad precedent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole thing is a complete car crash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermarvee View Post
    Only in America! A Hobson's choice of candidates. One a pervert, the other under email scrutiny. Eleven days before the official election the FBI brings out something that is sure to hit Cllinton's cause. So Trump could get in, god help us all. (I think Clinton has more experience to give her a chance of running the country better than Trump). It could turn out to be nothing, in which case they've hampered her cause for nothing. She might get in and she has done something illegal, so now what?

Not only that, a few million have already voted without prior knowledge of the latest scandal. Does their vote still stand?They might have changed their minds now. It's crazy! The FBI should make a quick investigation and act upon it appropriately. If she has done something wrong, then surely the Democrats should be able to pick another candidate, it's unhealthy that a candidate should win by default and sets a bad precedent.
    Anyone who has already voted for Clinton is either wilfully ignorant of the facts or wouldn't be swayed by them in any case, so the FBI revolt won't have changed things to any significant degree. Watching interviews with prospective Clinton voters, it seems they won't be paying any attention to the facts or the suitability of the candidate either so again the FBI revolt won't have an impact on the numbers. Where it will have an impact is with senators and members of congress looking to get back to the trough. They might well start focusing on their own nest rather than crowing behind what looked to be an unstoppable mainstream effort to usher Clinton into power. If she loses that support then she'll have to campaign into the final couple of weeks without her extensive support network and she barely has the stamina to do one event per day at the moment.

What Americans and everyone else should be thankful for is confirmation there are still good people at the FBI. The agents and officials on the ground and in the lower tiers who simply refused to stand for the obvious corruption in the Justice Department and stood up and forced the unfortunate Comey to do the right thing. Now he won't be able to save himself come what may. But if he'd have done the right thing in the first place and refused to bow to Clinton's corrupt lackeys he'd be bulletproof. It was too blatant a whitewash, too outrageous a demonstration of the two tier system to ever stand for long. It was the out of control arrogance of power that was his downfall. He thought he was untouchable. Well now he's been touched.
    Für eure Sicherheit