User Tag List

Page 2101 of 3203 FirstFirst ... 110116012001205120912099210021012102210321112151220126013101 ... LastLast
Results 21,001 to 21,010 of 32026

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermarvee View Post
    Bloody hell, something has just popped up and told me that my computer has been infected with a virus or trojan agh what do I do?
    Depends. Is is a system window that popped? A browser window? An AV warning? Something else?

If it's a browser window then 99% chance it's a fake message trying to get you to download a "solution" which will be the real virus or trojan. I assume you are running some sort of AV software and keeping that up to date? If not, then don't worry about viruses and trojans as you already have plenty and one more won't hurt. But assuming you take basic steps to keep these things out, force quit the browser (CTRL-ALT-DEL), select the browser and terminate it. Start the browser again, go to a different site, do you still get the warning? If yes, the quit the browser again and run an AV scan. If no then it was a fake alert.

If you already clicked that alert and downloaded something then unplug the computer, put it in a box and use a pen, paper and a telephone instead.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell, something has just popped up and told me that my computer has been infected with a virus or trojan agh what do I do?
    Wait for a nice chap from India to call you and offer to fix it. He'll sort you out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Wait for a nice chap from India to call you and offer to fix it. He'll sort you out
    Racist, sexist.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of my best friends are black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Depends. Is is a system window that popped? A browser window? An AV warning? Something else?

If it's a browser window then 99% chance it's a fake message trying to get you to download a "solution" which will be the real virus or trojan. I assume you are running some sort of AV software and keeping that up to date? If not, then don't worry about viruses and trojans as you already have plenty and one more won't hurt. But assuming you take basic steps to keep these things out, force quit the browser (CTRL-ALT-DEL), select the browser and terminate it. Start the browser again, go to a different site, do you still get the warning? If yes, the quit the browser again and run an AV scan. If no then it was a fake alert.

If you already clicked that alert and downloaded something then unplug the computer, put it in a box and use a pen, paper and a telephone instead.
    I went onto my usual streaming site and was asked to plug adobe in or something, I'm a dumb ass and thought I was clicking that off, but then got the message. Nothing untoward has happened yet, like other pop up or slow browser. If I go back onto the same site the same message is there where the video should be. I just closed the browser. that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah right!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went onto my usual streaming site and was asked to plug adobe in or something, I'm a dumb ass and thought I was clicking that off, but then got the message. Nothing untoward has happened yet, like other pop up or slow browser. If I go back onto the same site the same message is there where the video should be. I just closed the browser. that time.
    Sounds like you'll be fine. Best send me over your credit card numbers just to be sure.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    Sounds like you'll be fine. Best send me over your credit card numbers just to be sure.
    Well I will, I'm that gullible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?
    Shut up! You'll put all us computer bods out of business with loose talk like that.
    Für eure Sicherheit