User Tag List

Page 2109 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 110916092009205920992107210821092110211121192159220926093109 ... LastLast
Results 21,081 to 21,090 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Castro is a trigger. If you don't come out 100% against him, if you say anything at all that doesn't condemn him outright and in the harshest terms, then you support him. Americans are as paranoid about Castro as they are about off-white teeth or abridged editions of Catcher in the Rye.
    People can think what they like of Castro and judging by social media they do, even the media in this country has a grudging admiration for him.

The Americans are clearly hypocrites of course, they didn't like him not because he was a brutal dictator but because he was a communist, running a communist state in their own backyard.

I have come to my own conclusion why the guy is a cunt.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Imprisoned without trial. Sort of ironic that the Land of the Free cut Cuba off but still have a certain base open over there.
    The Americans cut off Cuba because it's an embarassment to them, of course the detention of "enemy combatants" in Guantanamo is an affront to decency of course. I don't think taking away Habeas Corpas is right no matter who is doing it.

And America is rightly condemned for it, so should Cuba in turn be condemned for its routine human rights abuses under Fidel Castro.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 26-11-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Clearly there is, all you need to do is look at even obituaries from the Guardian and Independent almost in admiration for the "revolutionary leader"
    Nah, that's just hipsters. Hence the t-shirt brigade who like his beard and the word revolution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Bit like Wenger on here then?

There you go supporting Wenger again. Commie bastard.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Nah, that's just hipsters. Hence the t-shirt brigade who like his beard and the word revolution.
    Why is it you have to ask yourself that it's acceptable to have t shirts with Che Guevara, Castro or Mao on and yet if a printed tshirt with Mussolini, Hitler or Pinochet people would be up in arms.

I do think there is some kind of sense that left wing dictators and thugs are somehow more acceptable than the right wing equivalent. It's not a view I hold to, I think they are equally disgusting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People can think what they like of Castro and judging by social media they do, even the media in this country has a grudging admiration for him.

The Americans are clearly hypocrites of course, they didn't like him not because he was a brutal dictator but because he was a communist, running a communist state in their own backyard.

I have come to my own conclusion why the guy is a cunt.
    I think their hatred was a bit more practical and worldly than that. My own litmus test never fails. Doesn't matter what nation, what period in history.

Q: Does it claim authority over everyone else and hire thugs and shakedown artists to fund and sustain itself?
    A: And now here's Jane with the weather.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it you have to ask yourself that it's acceptable to have t shirts with Che Guevara, Castro or Mao on and yet if a printed tshirt with Mussolini, Hitler or Pinochet people would be up in arms.

I do think there is some kind of sense that left wing dictators and thugs are somehow more acceptable than the right wing equivalent. It's not a view I hold to, I think they are equally disgusting.
    As long as they are Russian or Chinese I have no problem with them. Fuck everyone else.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I think their hatred was a bit more practical and worldly than that. My own litmus test never fails me in asserting my own unrelenting world view, Doesn't matter what nation, what period in history.

Q: Does it claim authority over everyone else and hire thugs and shakedown artists to fund and sustain itself?
    A: And now here's Jane with the weather.
    Just slightly amended that for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Students mainly. Anyone against "the man" gets a T-Shirt. "The man" gets none. Pinocet doesn't really fit that list, but he did get a line in Maggie nightdresses.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just slightly amended that for you
    Prove me wrong in any instance ever. You have the history of humankind to choose from.
    Für eure Sicherheit