User Tag List

Page 2120 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 112016202020207021102118211921202121212221302170222026203120 ... LastLast
Results 21,191 to 21,200 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel_Quinn View Post
    HDCP so paying customers get screwed and the pirates stroll around it? Fuck all that, a pirate's life for me, yo ho. What you have to ask yourself, was Robin Hood a thief? I pinch digital media from the rich to give to the poor. Namely me.
    Pretty much, it's hardly free from moral ambiguity but you take from what you can get in this life

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    But then I suppose the difference is, to me morality is more innate where as to believers we wouldn't have anymore idea of what was right or wrong than an earwig if not for the commandments on Mount Sinai.
    That isn't what believers think at all Well, it's not what I think.
    Always find it interesting how little non-believers know about what they say they don't believe in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters to Santa View Post
    Always find it interesting how little non-believers know about what they say they don't believe in!
    How much do you need to know about the church to not believe in it?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    actually the reverse is true, non believers on the whole know far more about the faiths than the adherents do

that you choose not to believe without god or the ten commandments you'd have no idea of morality is contrary to christian teaching and only goes to show the dilettante approach most Christians take to make their faith compatible with modern society.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you could, but you could steal the DVD too
    I'd prefer to have it legally and available when I want. Plus actually, I like having a collection of books or CDs or DVDs. Having a Kindle just isn't the same, to me.

Not a huge fan of shopping in general and overall I do prefer to do things online, Oxford Street at this time of year is a nightmare.

PS: PnG's comment on formats and quality, I don't think it's going to get much better than 4k - personally I'm not convinced I could tell the difference between HD and 4K anyway, maybe on a really big screen.

Blu Ray should have been the last of physical format but they’ve been pushing for more. 3D Blu Ray’s flopped and now they’re trying to push 4K discs. Not falling for it. It's all about streaming anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do get that it's convenient to have it all digitally and accessible immediately on some device. There is something about having the collection too though. DVDs also have all the extra features and that although admittedly it's rare I look at them.

I think having the collection applies particularly to books although they do get out of control. IMO the Kindle solves a problem which doesn't exist - on a train you might well want to listen to some music and want to be able to pick anything out of your collection. People don't read books like that, they generally read one at a time so having a whole collection you can carry around isn't an issue. I have heard older people say they're useful because you can increase the font size.
    Kindle solves a problem. Speed and convenience along with space. Like what’s happened with music and TV, if I want a certain book I don’t have to go searching around the shops for it. Especially if it’s a rare book. You sometimes had to wait weeks for a book when ordering of Amazon. Also, it’s much easier to hold the Kindle with one hand on the train. Some book are too bulky for that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    that you choose not to believe without god or the ten commandments you'd have no idea of morality is contrary to christian teaching
    What's the Bible verse which says that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel_Quinn View Post
    How much do you need to know about the church to not believe in it?
    This is nothing to do with the church, but you should know enough about what Scripture claims to make an informed decision.
    As C.S. Lewis said, Christianity, if true, is the most important thing in the world and if false the least important. What it can't be is moderately important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Glenn has passed away.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is nothing to do with the church, but you should know enough about what Scripture claims to make an informed decision.
    As C.S. Lewis said, Christianity, if true, is the most important thing in the world and if false the least important. What it can't be is moderately important.
    It has everything to do with the church. That's where all the rules and regulations for organised religion originate. Any religious belief related to organised religion is simply belief in what the church of that religion dictates. Scripture is man made. The real God, whether it is nature, an ultra advanced species, some other elemental force, requires precisely zero knowledge or even understanding because nobody anywhere, least of all the churches, have any knowledge or understanding of such a force or entity. All they have is the stuff man wrote down.
    Für eure Sicherheit