User Tag List

Page 2123 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 112316232023207321132121212221232124212521332173222326233123 ... LastLast
Results 21,221 to 21,230 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters to Santa View Post
    We have failed to put a dent in each other's opinions.
    Strange really, most debates on the internet end in one person conceding the other person was correct and changing their position...

I'm just a little weary of being told what Christians believe by people who clearly have no idea what Christians believe and then being told I'm wrong when I dispute that.
    The starting point for what Christians believe should always be Scripture. That is true whether our beliefs are valid or not.
    I only ask because most christians don't live according to scripture, otherwise they would be going round raping, stoning and enslaving each other.....actually maybe they do....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel_Quinn View Post
    All I will say - BY THEIR ACTIONS LET THEM BE KNOWN. That's what I live by and that is, or should be, compatible with every religion, every philosophy, every political doctrine. If Moses had come down from the mountain and laid that one out as the One Directive then I'd be onboard. Jesus had a decent campaign line too - Love thy neighbour as yourself. If we followed that then the world would be transformed and the only problem we'd have is the paedo politicians claiming they were finally justified. Oh, and John Terry.
    I'd pretty much agree with that till you got a bit silly at the end

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I only ask because most christians don't live according to scripture, otherwise they would be going round raping, stoning and enslaving each other.....actually maybe they do....
    You should have read the end. I gets better...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Well, you are telling me what Christians believe. OK, so back that up with some Scripture. It's not a big ask. That is the basis for Christian beliefs.
    Your starting point in all this was that without the commandments we would have no clue what is right or wrong.
    Have you heard the church preaching that? Where in the Bible does it say that?
    Ok let's just take one example - Homosexuality

Homosexuality in the words of St Paul "In the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and in their own persons the due penalty for their error"

Leviticus - "You shall not lie with a man as with a woman, it is an abomination".

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination, they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them"

I'd say that was pretty unequivocal, if you want a passage for any of the other examples i cited please do just ask.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    You should have read the end. I gets better...
    But that's my point my dear Letters, Modern Christians cherry pick what part of scripture suits them. I would argue that the New Testament is just as grotesque in different ways as the Old, but let's not pretend that you can take the New Testament independent of the Old....it's all the Bible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are arguing based on Scripture?

Interesting

So you think Women should be subservient to men in all things?

Commandments for slaves to obey their masters whether they are kind or cruel are ok?

Homosexuality is an abomination

Think people should die if they wear clothing woven of two different kinds of material

That if you have a son who is stubborn or rebellious he should be stoned to death

Think that disabled people should be denied access to the Houses of God?

Or are you indeed like all Christians a dilettante and actually pick and choose what you want to believe or don't.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Is that in reference to the whole post or just what you've highlighted in bold?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus also decided that you should love thy enemy, and turn the other cheek, he also has an issue with people planning ahead "give no more thought to the morrow"

He also cursed a fig tree which was pretty petty minded of him
    I didn't say I liked the album, just a couple of tracks.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that in reference to the whole post or just what you've highlighted in bold?
    Just the bit about abominable fags. I think I loathe them so much, not because they stick their dicks in shitholes and spread disease, but because I'm a secret queer and therefore overcompensating.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Just the bit about abominable fags. I think I loathe them so much, not because they stick their dicks in shitholes and spread disease, but because I'm a secret queer and therefore overcompensating.
    well as long as you're happy

or not as the case may be