User Tag List

Page 2129 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 112916292029207921192127212821292130213121392179222926293129 ... LastLast
Results 21,281 to 21,290 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to move house

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    You mean the ridiculous CGI added in? Yes, I agree. Watched them recently and they look terrible.
    it seems to be a state of constant revisionism, from terrible 1990s CGI Jabba the Hutt in A new Hope from the cut scene they put back in, to slightly less terrible CGI Jabba the Hutt in the DVD releases where they put Hayden Christensen in force form at the end of Return of the Jedi instead of Sebastien Shaw. So now unless they change it again, forever will it be that Annakin Skywalker is Hayden Christensen so has it always been and so shall it ever be that Annakin is a terrible cardboard actor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    it seems to be a state of constant revisionism, from terrible 1990s CGI Jabba the Hutt in A new Hope from the cut scene they put back in, to slightly less terrible CGI Jabba the Hutt in the DVD releases where they put Hayden Christensen in force form at the end of Return of the Jedi instead of Sebastien Shaw. So now unless they change it again, forever will it be that Annakin Skywalker is Hayden Christensen so has it always been and so shall it ever be that Annakin is a terrible cardboard actor.
    This is why I'm glad George Lucas has been cut out from the latest movies. He's sat on this franchise for decades and has tried to squeeze the life out of the original movies. He even changed the scene where Han shot first. Instead of trying to revise old work, he should have kept on creating and expanding. There is enough material out there from others inspired by the originals to create so much more. Him selling the franchise is the best thing to happen for Star Wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can all agree it needs more Gungans.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    This is why I'm glad George Lucas has been cut out from the latest movies. He's sat on this franchise for decades and has tried to squeeze the life out of the original movies. He even changed the scene where Han shot first. Instead of trying to revise old work, he should have kept on creating and expanding. There is enough material out there from others inspired by the originals to create so much more. Him selling the franchise is the best thing to happen for Star Wars.
    Well there's not much i can add to that other than i agree with you totally

Disney are getting their money's worth out of star wars, i went to Hong Kong Disney Land six months ago and it's everywhere...they have even turned Space Mountain into a Star Wars ride (why not).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald J Trump View Post
    We can all agree it needs more Gungans.
    *Googles*

Ah.

Wow you're a geek. Impressive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do wish they'd stop with all the spin offs, that said, all the ones since the "Prequels" (and even they got OK towards the end) have been good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there's not much i can add to that other than i agree with you totally

Disney are getting their money's worth out of star wars, i went to Hong Kong Disney Land six months ago and it's everywhere...they have even turned Space Mountain into a Star Wars ride (why not).

"They looked at the stories and they said, 'We want to make something for the fans,'" Lucas said. "I said, 'All I want to do is tell a story'… They decided they didn’t want to use those [my] stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing. They weren’t that keen to have me involved anyway — if I get in there, I'm just going to cause trouble, because they're not going to do what I want them to do. And I don't have the control to do that anymore. All I would do is muck everything up. And so I said, 'OK, I will go my way, and I'll let them go their way.'"
    Damn right. Sign the deal, take the money and fuck off. You've had plenty time to tell new stories and fucked them up in the process.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters to Santa View Post
    I do wish they'd stop with all the spin offs, that said, all the ones since the "Prequels" (and even they got OK towards the end) have been good
    I think because the Star Wars universe is so deep that a spin off has been a long time coming and in my view very welcome

Some of the computer games alone created by the franchise have been excellent and have created characters that geeks/fanboys call them what you will would love to see in a film adaptation.

I'm currently going retro and downloaded the two original Knights of the Old Republic games from Steam, the second is no where near as good as the first but if you enjoy being a total bastard for no reason its highly reccomended ��

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think because the Star Wars universe is so deep that a spin off has been a long time coming and in my view very welcome

Some of the computer games alone created by the franchise have been excellent and have created characters that geeks/fanboys call them what you will would love to see in a film adaptation.

I'm currently going retro and downloaded the two original Knights of the Old Republic games from Steam, the second is no where near as good as the first but if you enjoy being a total bastard for no reason its highly reccomended ��
    I agree. It's a massive world that should rival Star Trek or even the Marvel Universe. From video games to comic books, there are 100s of stories centered around Star Wars, all written by people other than George Lucas. A timeline that spans way beyond the original characters. The fact that Lucas messed up the prequels with the inconsistent story and poor writing....thanks George, but hand it over to someone else. If left in his hands, he'd have shat all over the franchise with the latest 4k revised version, more Jar Jar Binks to try and sell toys and Yoda appearing in more Vodafone ads. He really tried to milk it in the worst way.