User Tag List

Page 2143 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 114316432043209321332141214221432144214521532193224326433143 ... LastLast
Results 21,421 to 21,430 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I'm prepared to assign the same pregnancy value to someone about to go into labour as someone who has just conceived.
    Both are pregnant, that doesn't mean both pregnancies are as advanced.
    Comparing a physical condition to a moral judgement is absurd. Answer this with a simple yes or no. Was WWII moral?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel_Quinn View Post
    Comparing a physical condition to a moral judgement is absurd. Answer this with a simple yes or no. Was WWII moral?
    Although i totally agree with you that a judgement on morality is totally dependent on the individual and their own moral values, my own moral values tell me that Britain's involvement in World War Two was both necessary and moral.

Is that the same as saying that every action undertaken by Britain during that particular conflict was moral.....No i don't think it is. If you take the RAF fire-bombing of Hamburg for example, it would be hard to argue that this was either necessary or moral.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Although i totally agree with you that a judgement on morality is totally dependent on the individual and their own moral values, my own moral values tell me that Britain's involvement in World War Two was both necessary and moral.

Is that the same as saying that every action undertaken by Britain during that particular conflict was moral.....No i don't think it is. If you take the RAF fire-bombing of Hamburg for example, it would be hard to argue that this was either necessary or moral.
    Exactly. It's not possible to assign a simple true/ false judgement, whereas it should be a simple matter if morality is binary. In the case of WWII a series of arguably immoral decisions culminated in a moral outcome, mainly because the cunts who started the war left it to others to win what had become a life or death struggle. As for the firebombing of Hamburg, that's a common characteristic of morality, it tends to evaporate under extreme conditions - another indicator morality is a human construct subject to all the usual human flaws, it is not a natural (and certainly not supernatural) law.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Firstly, WWII isn't an act by an individual, you can't assign an overall morality to it.

And you tell me whether there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
    You may believe there is, or there isn't - the fact is we don't know for sure either way.
    That doesn't mean though that the actual answer has to be either yes or no...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Firstly, WWII isn't an act by an individual, you can't assign an overall morality to it.

And you tell me whether there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.
    You may believe there is, or there isn't - the fact is we don't know for sure either way.
    That doesn't mean though that the actual answer has to be either yes or no...
    Neither is any war if you want to put it like that, the holocaust wasn't undertaken by one individual but it's one of the single most immoral acts committed by human beings. But even then there is a grey area because those who undertook the extermination of Jews, Gypsies, Slavs etc believed that it was a moral act because this was the only way to ensure the survival of the aryan race.

If you ever watch the Nazi film the Eternal Jew which is largely seen as the intellectual justification for the holocaust, the Jews are seen as akin to cockroaches and therefore this was an act of pest control (if you sprayed your home if you had an ant infestation you probably wouldn't see that as mass murder).
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 05-01-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See, this is why we need God to tell us what to do and what's what

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    See, this is why we need God to tell us what to do and what's what
    Said someone thousands of years ago and thus with like minded friends began writing holy books and divine commandments, to explain the believed to be unexplainable and to establish order.

Though of course it would be totally unfair to say that people were only getting up to that kind of thing thousands of years ago, as seen by the examples of Joseph Smith and L Ron Hubbard....although i will give those people thousands of years ago the benefit of the doubt of not being conscious charlatans like those two and in some way being primitive enough to even believe what they were saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You actually changed my name to Cripps

Fine, I'll keep it. This way you can pretend you didn't ban him and I can pretend I'm not him.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    You actually changed my name to Cripps

Fine, I'll keep it. This way you can pretend you didn't ban him and I can pretend I'm not him.
    Isn't the original one actually dead or something or faked his own death?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Isn't the original one actually dead or something or faked his own death?
    Nah, that was someone else.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.