User Tag List

Page 2233 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 12331733213321832223223122322233223422352243228323332733 ... LastLast
Results 22,321 to 22,330 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Trump was always the better option simply because he wasnt a product of the system. The Republican hierarchy were as shocked as Hillary was when Trump won. But the establishment is strong. It co-opts whoever meanders into the Venn diagram of Duopolitics. Two party systems but only one core set of powerbrokers. Either party wins, the central force is still in control. Trump wasnt part of the system, but he sure is now. Trump has not the intelligence or strength of character to resist them. Neither had Obama, he abandoned even his core African American constituency in order to make it over 8 years. They were both assimilated by the Borg....difference is Hillary was inducted decades ago.
    Trump is a product of the system. He is corporate America. He may not have come from the political system but he represents what the political system tries to uphold. I get that people were tired of the Democrats and wanted change but it's a bit like us fans cheering on Stan Kroenke to fire Wenger and having a go at managing the club himself because he represents something different.

It was obvious Trump didn't have the intelligence or strength to resist. Resist isn't even the right word. His whole 'You're Fired', no nonsense approach doesn't exactly personify a man that has a lot of empathy for regular working people. His core was always going to be for serving corporate America even if unethical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Just as I suspected, so basically the next time a regime tries to extirpate its own we should have the choice of saying that's not very nice or more likely I suspect in the case of many pretend it's all lies used to justify "imperialism".

We went out of our way to do nothing in Syria for years, and that worked out well.

Plus all this simplistic we are terrorists blah blah blah, still makes the fundamental error of believing all our troubles will go away if we promise to be good.

Lovely lesson to teach our kids, that the right to avoid opression and slaughter only applies to you if you were lucky enough to be born somewhere like Europe or North America (though not even because to you, making people pay taxes is as much of a crime against humanity as dropping Sarin on them).

As I said, some people genuinely believe there's good terror and bad terror.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Trump is a product of the system. He is corporate America. He may not have come from the political system but he represents what the political system tries to uphold. I get that people were tired of the Democrats and wanted change but it's a bit like us fans cheering on Stan Kroenke to fire Wenger and having a go at managing the club himself because he represents something different.

It was obvious Trump didn't have the intelligence or strength to resist. Resist isn't even the right word. His whole 'You're Fired', no nonsense approach doesn't exactly personify a man that has a lot of empathy for regular working people. His core was always going to be for serving corporate America even if unethical.
    Anything at all that disrupts the establishment is not only a good thing, but an essential first step.

Trump has already been a hugely successful president, entirely unwittingly. He's drawn the establishment out and now those who care to look can see it more clearly than ever before. That's more progress than we've had in half a century.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    As I said, some people genuinely believe there's good terror and bad terror.
    As I said, some people don't think the rights they enjoy (again obviously not you seeing as far as your concerned we might as well be living in North Korea) need to be universal to have any meaning.

And some people believe if the west packed up and went home that the terrorist attacks like in Manchester would suddenly go away. I wouldn't mind but the terrorists themselves are telling us that's not the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post

That was just an act....even though trump really didnt have to act. He was just being himself You can see that in the frankly incomprehensible way he has gone about governing. You have to look at how Trump won and who he won against. Not 1 but 5 or 6 establishment characters. Republican candidates all over the nation distanced themselves from Trump and no-one wanted to be tainted by having him campaign with them he was toxic to mainstream Republicans. Trump is either the greatest Manchurian candidate of all or he was the greatest upset of all time. I believe the latter.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    As I said, some people don't think the rights they enjoy (again obviously not you seeing as far as your concerned we might as well be living in North Korea) need to be universal to have any meaning.

And some people believe if the west packed up and went home that the terrorist attacks like in Manchester would suddenly go away. I wouldn't mind but the terrorists themselves are telling us that's not the case.
    You are still looking at the symptoms and calling them the problem. It goes far far farther in time than that.

I also believe you think that you are living in some social utopia, where mankind has reached peak democracy. There are other countries where people are living happily and some of them dont even get to vote. People living in South America and Africa who dont have internet, dont have cars and dont pay taxes, live off the land and dont read papers. You may think you are happier than them but are you sure?
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 23-05-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger Moore is dead.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Im really sad to hear that. I was a big fan, From the Saint to the Persuaders to Bond.

Most good looking man I ever saw

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I think he's attempting re entry sir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Anything at all that disrupts the establishment is not only a good thing, but an essential first step.

Trump has already been a hugely successful president, entirely unwittingly. He's drawn the establishment out and now those who care to look can see it more clearly than ever before. That's more progress than we've had in half a century.
    I don’t know if it’s progress. HCZ made the point about us trying to avoid action in Syria and it reminds me of when Trump was saying he’d bomb the shit out of ISIS to a cheering crowd. The way things are going I think people are stoked for another war or military action at least. It’s just a new player in the same old game. Trump getting close to the Saudi’s and tearing up any progress made with Iran is just a case of hitting the reset button.

And if we’re looking into the oil link, you should be looking at Rex Tillerson. Hasn’t Exxon profited off the Iraq war? Aren’t they about to sign a deal with the Saudi’s?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ex...rticle/2623711

I don’t think the establishment has been drawn out if you’re not looking into this sort of thing. People were already aware of shady dealings but it worries me that people are openly championing this.