User Tag List

Page 2245 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 12451745214521952235224322442245224622472255229523452745 ... LastLast
Results 22,441 to 22,450 of 32018

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    But then how much of a tool a gun is depends on where you live, if you do need it for pest control (I prefer seeing a Fox shot than torn to pieces by dogs) than fair enough. But in an urban area where you have it under the guise of protection and you're more likely to end up Burying one of your children where they've been accidentally shot by one of their siblings because you haven't locked it away properly than sucessfully warding off a Burgalar or attacker I am more skeptical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once government manages to disarm you then there's no going back. The mindset changes from independence to dependence and the illusion of government protection becomes deep rooted. So true enough - the thought of shrinking, ultra-dependent British citizens waving guns around is as unthinkable as it seems unnecessary. Americans haven't been disarmed though, so those who aren't desperate for the nanny state will have a very different attitude towards guns, and government in general I would think.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    No these same ones are the people who say get your government hands off my Medicaid.

So most wouldn't know what the state is and how dependent they are on it if it squeezed them in the nuts

The reason the South is all republican now has absolutely nothing to do with its resentment towards government. Because it voted for decades for big government Democrats, who allowed them to tell women what they could and couldn't do with their bodies and hang blacks and queers from trees.
    Soon as the Democrats stopped approving of that stuff as they ventured further north, the Republicans stepped in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't mention the south. I said all those who didn't welcome the nanny state. Very true, increasing numbers have been afflicted, form all sides of the supposed political spectrum. But that doesn't mean those who can still tell the difference between dependence and independence won't continue to understand why it is necessary to have the option of owning a gun.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    He carefully avoided the one issue that matters most. It's better to be armed than unarmed should you ever need to overthrow your government. The Constitution, albeit written by slave owners, was a serious document back then. They meant it when they wrote in the right of the citizen to overthrow the government if and when it failed to serve the people. Whether gun ownership in the States has tempered the abuses of government and, if so, to what extent, we can't know. Better never to find out.

The self protection thing, in most cases true. in some cases, untrue. Rolling suicide rates into the argument is idiotic. Paracetamol should be a strictly controlled substance under that argument.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one's better:

Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I didn't mention the south. I said all those who didn't welcome the nanny state. Very true, increasing numbers have been afflicted, form all sides of the supposed political spectrum. But that doesn't mean those who can still tell the difference between dependence and independence won't continue to understand why it is necessary to have the option of owning a gun.
    Not saying you did mention the south I'm just saying that the majority of gun owners come from the south and the mid west. I wouldn't call the majority of these people libertarians, in fact many are all for big government as long as they still can discriminate against people for religious reasons and keep said guns.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Tim Farron gone. Apparently can't reconcile his hatred for queers with his role as a leader of a liberal party

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Tim Farron gone. Apparently can't reconcile his hatred for queers with his role as a leader of a liberal party
    Not a dead Tory, but okay for a light snack.
    Für eure Sicherheit