User Tag List

Page 2249 of 3191 FirstFirst ... 12491749214921992239224722482249225022512259229923492749 ... LastLast
Results 22,481 to 22,490 of 31909

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm not joking when I say, YOU are the sort of person that poses the greatest risk of all. Terrorists are few in number. Terrifyingly, there are millions like you. You have no concept of cause, you are consumed by effect. Therefore, it is the simplest matter to manipulate you. In fact I might do that over the next few days for a laugh, and bear in mind I told you in advance.
    OK, Derren Brown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    OK, Derren Brown.
    Anyone who states they don't mind surveillance, and then demonstrates an understanding that everything is surveilled by referencing the automated nature of the surveillance, is a moron and a slave. That's not an opinion, it's a fundamental fact. And the coy bastards who claim they have nothing to hide and therefore nothing to fear, well at least be honest. What you are actually saying is you have nothing you wish to keep private. Fine, if you are so meaningless, complement and subservient you couldn't care less about your own person, fine. But then you go and vote for cunts who enforce the same abuses on people who are able to think for themselves. This is an act of terrorism in itself. And the supreme melding of arrogance and cowardice.

It's time to split this nation in two. One half for normal people, the other for the drones. That would solve so many problems and everyone would be relatively happier.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on. Everyone knows if you want to pass off an option as fact you have to write "fact" at the end in capitals. FACT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on. Everyone knows if you want to pass off an option as fact you have to write "fact" at the end in capitals. FACT!
    Who told you that? Because, sure as hell, you didn't figure it out on your own. You have no problem with relinquishing your privacy, and everyone else's, to unknown third parties. Therefore, you are a moron. If you can find any fault in the statement then explain.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really have a problem with surveillance. For a start there isn't someone sitting there reading my emails, there's just an algorithm looking for patterns, and if there was then frankly they'd be pretty bored.
    You know I'm not a tinfoil hat mentalist like NQ but that's a really dangerous and worrying attitude.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear. bollocks. We should all have a reasonable right to privacy.

FACT.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    You know I'm not a tinfoil hat mentalist like NQ but that's a really dangerous and worrying attitude.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear. bollocks. We should all have a reasonable right to privacy.

FACT.
    Dammit! You did the FACT thing which means there's no way to argue .
    It's a difficult balance. We do have a right to privacy but we want to be kept safe too. If there is no evidence that surveillance works then they shouldn't do it.
    Overall I want my privacy but I don't massively care about things like CCTV. I don't think anyone is sat there watching me, if they do then what for? How does it affect me?
    It demonstrably helps solve crimes though and statistically has some (although not large) effect on crime prevention

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...d-by-CCTV.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really have a problem with surveillance. For a start there isn't someone sitting there reading my emails, there's just an algorithm looking for patterns, and if there was then frankly they'd be pretty bored.
    That’s a dangerous attitude. I can understand the argument for it being used to fight terrorism under these circumstances but it’s a slippery slope. Imagine if being a Christian could land you in trouble with the law? Say the government want to keep an eye on people that believe marriage should only be between a man and woman? Say speaking out against the government could land you in jail? That’s where we’re headed and with social media playing a huge part in politics these days, it won’t be hard to find people that have liked certain posts or retweeted certain things in support.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See. I don't agree it's where we're headed or it's a slippery slope. If it is where we're headed then you're right, I just don't think it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit! You did the FACT thing which means there's no way to argue .
    It's a difficult balance. We do have a right to privacy but we want to be kept safe too. If there is no evidence that surveillance works then they shouldn't do it.
    Overall I want my privacy but I don't massively care about things like CCTV. I don't think anyone is sat there watching me, if they do then what for? How does it affect me?
    It demonstrably helps solve crimes though and statistically has some (although not large) effect on crime prevention

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...d-by-CCTV.html
    How about a compulsory DNA database? Let's get one of those too, to go along with all the cameras and tech surveillance systems. And let's lock down the Internet and force identity checks on everyone trying to use it. Let's arbitrarily decide what's acceptable in terms of content and ban the rest.

There's so much we can be doing to keep you safe. I'm sure the Chinese government is keen on keeping people safe too. So unfair when they are labelled as authoritarian, commie scumbags.

Have you been reading up on AI? You're right, it won't be people watching everything you do 24/7. And by "you", yes, I mean you personally. We're about 20 years away from the total surveillance state. Boy oh boy, you'll be super safe then and you won't dare do a single thing to jeopardise that "safety". Not if you know what's good for you, not if you know your place.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See. I don't agree it's where we're headed or it's a slippery slope. If it is where we're headed then you're right, I just don't think it is.
    As a Christian, where do you think things heading? What’s your take on the Book of Revelations?