User Tag List

Page 2251 of 3191 FirstFirst ... 12511751215122012241224922502251225222532261230123512751 ... LastLast
Results 22,501 to 22,510 of 31909

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    It looks like it’s heading that way. Freedom of speech and freedom to do as you please as long as it’s secular.
    People are still free to worship in whatever religion they like, I don't see that changing any time soon or the church going "underground".
    I guess the problem is as we become a more mixed society with differing belief systems how do you create laws which give "freedom" to everyone given that those systems conflict?
    I mean, Christians have certain views which is why bumming used to be illegal. But I'm not sure it's the state's job to legislate about what people do with their genitals in the privacy of their own house.
    Well, unless what they do with them is not consensual.

Where it gets silly is where a church is on dodgy ground legally if they state that a staff member has to be a Christian because otherwise that's "discrimination".
    Or nurses getting fired because they offer to pray with a patient. I mean, it depends how that is done but surely the offer is benign enough if done sensitively and the person doesn't push it. Just say no if you're not interested.
    Or Christian bakers getting sued (successfully) because they don't want to make a cake promoting gay marriage when they don't believe in it. Just use another baker FFS!

A bit of common sense is needed. I don't think it's a slippery slope where people will eventually have to meet in secret but evangelising is becoming more difficult.

All that said. If you fancy a trip to the Emirates this summer without having to watch Arsenal play...

https://justone.co.uk/

Edit: Only £25 to sit in Club level. Bargain!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    All you've done in this discussion so far is declare yourself right and ignored my points and my simple, direct questions about your position.
    So yes, I agree. I'll go and talk to the grown ups.
    Grown ups? Of all people, I have no doubt you'll know how to behave in the presence of authority.

You have no problem with relinquishing your privacy, and everyone else's, to unknown third parties. Therefore, you are a moron. If you can find any fault in the statement then explain.
    Your response:

All you've done in this discussion so far is declare yourself right and ignored my points and my simple, direct questions about your position.
    Dishonest as ever. My position is very clear. I'm calling you a moron, assuming all your posts aren't jokes. It would take a moron not to understand my position. So you win. You haven't made any points. All you've done is grovel, pleading with your masters to keep you safe.

Read this again if you need further evidence.

Well, DNA testing helps solve a lot of crimes and when it came in it exhonorated quite a few innocent people, so there's nothing wrong with a DNA databases in and of themselves any more than there is finger print libraries IF they are used for the right reasons. It's not about what information they have on me so much as what they're using it for and what effect it has on my life.

There's quite a lot of CCTV around right now, your web activity and emails are monitored or logged at least - in an automated way, no-one is sitting there reading your emails or watching you on CCTV cameras.

This is already going on and what effect does it have on your life? Day to day, what difference does it make? What freedoms has it cost you? For me it mostly means I get targetted advertising which can be a bit spooky but is generally fairly benign. I don't feel anyone is sitting there watching me all the time and even if they are it doesn't affect what I can or can't do. If it starts to then that will be a problem. Will it? I'm not convinced. Orwell wrote 1984 in 1948, nearly 70 years ago and while yes, we are more surveilled now than ever I don't see it has had much if any effect on our day to day freedoms.
    Naturally there's no comparison at all between the imposition of certain authoritarian methods on criminals, or those suspected of criminal activity, with those same methods being applied to the entire population, which is the key argument. So either you are smarter than you let on, but deeply dishonest. Or you are a moron. Having spoken to you so many times on these and related issues (which proves me to be a bit of a moron myself) it seems fairly clear you are a moron.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are still free to worship in whatever religion they like, I don't see that changing any time soon or the church going "underground".
    I guess the problem is as we become a more mixed society with differing belief systems how do you create laws which give "freedom" to everyone given that those systems conflict?
    I mean, Christians have certain views which is why bumming used to be illegal. But I'm not sure it's the state's job to legislate about what people do with their genitals in the privacy of their own house.
    Well, unless what they do with them is not consensual.

Where it gets silly is where a church is on dodgy ground legally if they state that a staff member has to be a Christian because otherwise that's "discrimination".
    Or nurses getting fired because they offer to pray with a patient. I mean, it depends how that is done but surely the offer is benign enough if done sensitively and the person doesn't push it. Just say no if you're not interested.
    Or Christian bakers getting sued (successfully) because they don't want to make a cake promoting gay marriage when they don't believe in it. Just use another baker FFS!

A bit of common sense is needed. I don't think it's a slippery slope where people will eventually have to meet in secret but evangelising is becoming more difficult.

All that said. If you fancy a trip to the Emirates this summer without having to watch Arsenal play...

https://justone.co.uk/

Edit: Only £25 to sit in Club level. Bargain!
    This is great!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two more posts which say nothing and, once again, fail to address my very simple, direct questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two more posts which say nothing and, once again, fail to address my very simple, direct questions.
    Copy. Paste.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He definitely can't now
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure he could for a while tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lolz

Stupid cunt women in my office opening he windows to let the hot air in, and the air conditioned air out.

RETARDS
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering to myself how much it would cost to get air-con at him.
    Probably quite a lot.